Your routine?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by RobF, Nov 28, 2009.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Ok, for those of us with OCD like behaviour through the shooting routine on the point (which is a good thing), how far back does your routine start before you fire your competition shot start?

I reckon mine starts the night before... i like to have the ground (and hotel) in the GPS before I leave, the pellets sorted, the gun back packed, and have worked out the time to get to the ground to get a good zero check and gun acclimatised, and have a good chat, perhaps a bite to eat as well.

So are you OCD or do you just wing it on the night?

2. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

My routine starts with packing, I check and double check that I have everything from weighed pellets, air, shooting clothes, change of clothes, various waterproofs and warm clothes, etc, etc. The night before is pretty laid back with a meal and a few beers but i will make sure all my shooting clothes are laid out and anything uneeded is packed to the bottom of the bag ready for the off in the morning. Then on shoot day I will make sure I have spare pellets as well as those in my pouch and then it just goes into auto pilot with shot routine.....

Shot routine goes like this..approach target mentally estimating range while cocking gun, inspect pellet and load, slide cocking lever forward but not closed unless its a standing shot, get into position, check barrel is clear of rubbish, bracket target while looking for windage, when im ready to go i'll pull my hat down and push glasses on and close the bolt while taking a final breath before the shot, slowly release breath and then...GO!!!:D
    Standing is much the same but i'll close the cocking lever straight away and take a few breathes to get comfortable. Takes ages to read but can be done easily in under a minute and at the UK Matchplay i was taking shots in all 3 positions as quick as 20seconds and still going through the full routine:)

OCD? probably but if it makes me a better shot I don't care:D:D

3. Ripleysniper

Ripleysniper Team Walther 2011

Club:
    MidShires Marksmen

4. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Bugger, just remembered I need to sort some pellets & stick the gun on charge for tomorrow :eek::D:D Now I just need to find where the Mrs has hidden my shooting kit.

5. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    I play "Eye of the Tiger" 30mins before the comp.

Pete

6. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Is that 'Prison slang' ?

7. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    I get up, grab my gun bag & get out the door..
    Get to comp, sign in, eat, drink, plink, shoot 30 or so pellets & then eat,drink, drive home :D

8. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

Switch the x box on, slot a few overseas visitors, wind a few up as well, make sure the wife has cleaned the rifle:D:D:D

9. D Martin

D Martin Non member

More like "I am the one and only" by Cheesy Hawkes:D:D:D;)

Dave

10. Nealsey

Nealsey Two Tins

Not really got a routine, but I do tend to try and focus a bit before the shoot.

Neal