Your Collective on the Optisan Viper 8-32X60

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by DRAGON64, Nov 8, 2018.

1. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

Club:
    Good Ole Boys/Invicta/AAFTA
    I just found this older out of production scope for sale here states side, and was wondering what the general consensus is for this product (?) I know that Optisan and MTC products are more prevalent in the UK and surrounding area, so I decided to post my inquiry here. I fell in love with the Optisan line of scopes after purchasing a 3-12x44, which is on my .22 cal hunting air rifle. Very nice scopes.

Anyway, the price was right, and I plan to add it to my kit, and I was just wondering if I can do well at building on my experience in WFTF using such a tool.

2. C.Eaton

C.Eaton Confirmed Anschutz Nut...

Club:
    Springfield/ TEGC/ETL
    Nice scope but not really enough mag. for FT use to be honest.

DRAGON64 likes this.
  3. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    I looked through one at the club about ten years ago and there were a few around the scene at the time. It seemed ok but I've never used one for FT. The feedback seemed to be it was ok for club level FT but didn't quite cut the mustard for top level. Also some people said they were milky at highest mag.

DRAGON64 and LUDJEV77 like this.
  4. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

Club:
    Good Ole Boys/Invicta/AAFTA
    Thank you for your input Mr Eaton. And thank you for your youtube channel, I have watched many of your videos f or sometime now.

I did read a review that the view did get a little milky around the edges in the higher magnification. Considering I am currently using an AEON scope, the Viper should be a nice step up. Thank you for the feedback.

5. C.Eaton

C.Eaton Confirmed Anschutz Nut...

Club:
    Springfield/ TEGC/ETL
    Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad you enjoy the videos, I think it's important to promote FT and the videos are a good message to send out to the World about our sport.

LUDJEV77 and DRAGON64 like this.