You said to say "hello"

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Malc HW100, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Malc HW100

Malc HW100 New Member

Club:
    MAD
    Well here I am, saying hello, as suggested.

I'm Malc, from Basildon Essex.

I've done all sorts of shooting over the years, mainly full bore. Everything from .303 Lee Enfields to the Barratt 50 Calibre. Suffice it to say, this can be quite challenging in the UK!

I have just purchased a Weihrauch HW100t .177 with a Hawke 4-16 x 50, and a swivel bipod. I also have a 300bar 3L charge cylinder. I've also just joined Maldon And District (MAD) Airgun Club.

Any recommendations, advise or general hints and tips most welcome, but my first question;
    - which (if any) is the best UK magazine for the air rifle community.

Cheers!

2. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    Hello Malc,

AirGunner is the main magazine for HFT in the UK.

It covers the UKAHFT series and there are regular articles about HFT and kit for HFT. Also MAD has two members who write for AirGunner.

Gary

3. tugg

tugg itchy trigger finger

Club:
    springfield and mad
    you won't go far wrong shooting at Mad

4. Where's Molly

Where's Molly Active Member

Club:
    M.A.D
    welcome to M.A.D Malcolm and well done on your first HFT score tonight.
    atb.
    rich

5. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    1st tip would have been to stay away from MAD, but I see that's too late :D:p

Seriously though, you will get lots of help from the members there, don't be afraid to ask . ( there used to be alot of the top shooters in the country there, not sure what's happened lately, I think it's Chilli's fault.... :D)

6. littlelady

littlelady New Member

Club:
    SARC
    Hi Malc

You should try SARC (Sprinfield Air Rifle Club) which is located in High Ongar Essex the club is open 7 days a week for members. There is a plinking range and a course which is always set out for HFT or FT shooters. There is Tea and Coffee which is free.

If you want to try the club pop down on a Saturday or Sunday the first time is free and if you just want to come down on weekends the cost after the first visit is £5.00 a visit for vistors.

Give the club a visit.

7. Where's Molly

Club:
    M.A.D
    Welcome to M.A.D as Steve says we are lucky enough to have some of the best shots in the country and even luckier to have one of the best plinking ranges with AA grade ft shots and national champs amoungst us im sure they will be happy to help you with any queries good to see you out competing already!! :D
    Jen x

8. Malc HW100

Malc HW100 New Member

Club:
    MAD
    :eek:Thanks Jen, I have to recommend MAD based on the welcome alone. I can't compare the Club to any others, as it is the only one I have been to, but I have to say you've all been great. I am looking forward to improving my results with a lot of practice and all the help and advice I can get!

I can also confirm that (assuming no changes) my work rota has me as day off for the next two Wednesdays at least, so I'll be back for more! In the words of the song, "the only way is up!".

On Simon's suggestion, I have ditched the bipod; ordered a sling, a nice glove and (after payday) will get the single shot converter. If anyone can suggest any other HFT essentials, I'm all ears.

Finally, it's my birthday on Weds, so I'll bring doughnuts!!

Malc

9. Where's Molly

Club:
    M.A.D

Id say the most essential bit of kit you will need is the"HFT little book of excuses" defo reccommended if have an off day and shoot like a muppet! !;):D

As for the doghnuts I may decline as I seem to of had my full quota last wed!!:eek:

See you next wed
    Jen x