You have Won a trophy

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by loopyloo, Jun 23, 2009.

1. loopyloo

loopyloo Member

Club:
    Bisley
    I see through the forum that

you have chosen a great gun, pellets, scope, mat,clothes.

you have tweaked the gun, lubed and sized the pellets.

you have a great score enough to win a trophy sorry not all have won first place :D

SO

What trophies do you like/not like to win

What really shouldnt be seen on the shelf or what trophy is put out for all to see.

Maybe you would rather the cash or non gun related or more gun related items gunbag , dipping of stock.

regards
    loopyloo

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    when i started, everything went on the shelf... and me n rich had a comp to get the largest, and gaudiest going. I won the gaudiest, rich i think has the largest.

now i'm in AA, it's come to a halt... anything with AA counts.

it was nice to win my first CSFTA winter league, it took me a couple of years to win my first SWEFTA league... both of them are memorable. It was nice to win my first open outright (albeit after a shootoff)... and i'm still gunning for a GP win...

when I look at the names on the Bisley Classic trophy i do get a pang of pride of seeing mine on there as well...

a lot of the B grades and 2nd's have made their way into the cupboard... the wins and AA's will stay out... (just cos rich hasn't got any in AA :D)

3. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

My allcomers 2nd place trophy because it was the first one I ever won (still have the original mud stained score card in it too!:D) and my ones from the HFT Worlds because that was the biggest comp I've shot in so far. My most prized trinket though is my first NEFTA Hunter gold badge which I got after my first clear on my first shoot for Anston.:)

I have them all on a shelf in my spare room although some have been shot for prosperity!;):D

Like Rob I'm still chasing a national win, maybe there'll be a bout of food poisening the night before and I won't have eaten with everyone, so I'll be the only one shooting!:D

Ryan

4. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

My 2 favourite trophies so far have to be the welsh dragon one i won at a the Quarry UK round in 2007 for 3rd in open, my first national trophy and probably the best looking :) The second is the trophy from the UK matchplay last year, its a traditional trophy with a nice wooden base that will carry over from year to year and im proud to have my name (the first) engraved on the base of it :) More and more clubs are going over to cut glass and tankards now which i think are much more classy and worth displaying than the pressed tin and plastic that used to be the norm. The old tin and placcy ones where a sign of achievment but not something you'd want on your mantlepiece:D:D

5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    you should see what the BFTA have been looking at for trophies... very tasty :D

6. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FTC
    For me its my trophy from the worlds in 2005,highest score on blue course day 1, Then my runners up trophy from the BFTA showdown plate in 2007, I also have my 1st overall GP grade win in class A which a got in scotland 2007 and second overall Class A GP series 2007. Like rob since moving to AA the national trophies have been elusive but we keep pressing on. I do also keep my SWEFTA overall series grade wins on display and my 3 AA runners up trophies as insipation as one day I will hit the top spot. These sit along side my rallying trophies, 1993 south west tarmac rally champion, and hillclimb class win trophies, these will never be put away.

7. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Obviously the UKAHFT champ and spirit of HFT were the pinnacle but i think the perfect score badges and the platinums make me smile more.

i've not had any trinkets from FT yet....oh apart for being in the winning inter regional squad in my first FT season in 2004. That's something i'd like to do again soon.

8. steveggg

steveggg Trainee Grumps

I see through the forum that

you have chosen a great gun, pellets, scope, mat,clothes.

you have tweaked the gun, lubed and sized the pellets.

Lyndeen,
    Do you actually do all these things, OR, do you just turn up, get Mick to get the gun out, then shoot, and blame Mick, when the gun is not doing as you expect.????????.

Seriously, about Trophies, some do look cheap and chearfull, and get relegated to the back of the shelf, some - mostly Glass based tend to get to the front.

? Haven't we had this conversation before.

Regards

9. mistthebugger

mistthebugger I came, I saw, I missed..

Just a thought but,
    As most trophies are dust gatherers at the end of the day and are only waiting the time when some relative or other has the job of binning them, so..

All the clubs get together and pick a trophy supplier hence negotiating a discount for multiple purchases and then picking a practical trophy, there have been some nice brandy, champagne, wine glasses/ goblets given as prizes and all could be used and the very use would bring back happy memories. Those who manage a place very now and then could start a nice collection knowing all items would match.
    Or would you not use them for fear of breakage.
    For the major events a big blingy thing could still be awared, ie Worlds, overall GP,s winner etc.:)

10. D Martin

D Martin Non member

My favourite trophy funny enough is the glass one that I won for 5th place in a club mid week league a few years ago.It's probably my favourite because it's the first one that I won and also because a very good friend of mine (Bomber) has the 4th place one on his shelf and the banter we had about him beating me was priceless.

I like the cut crystal and glass trophys better than the silver ones anyway as to me they look more expensive and better quality.A very nice example was the ones that Richard Harley got for the Air Arms meeting at Anston last year.

Dave