YeeeHaaaaa

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Strokebloke, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    SYWELL NTSC : FT : Greyhound : Kibworth
    My new Falcon T50 scope arrived today. Paid for with BACS Transfer on Wednesday afternoon - 3pm ish.
    Despatched yesterday and arrived at mid-day today.
    And Daystate will return my fully serviced Mk3 on Wednesday next week.
    So by next weekend I should have a rig which I can not only take to FT comps, but also, maybe, hit one or two targets with. :D Sounds unlikely, I know. :rolleyes: :eek: :) But I'm an optimist by nature. I guess you think I'm a fantasist. But looking at it rationally, all I have to do is hit more than 6 out of a 50 target course and I'm on a winning streak straight away. Who knows. Even double figures are a possibility. :) :) :p

The T50 looks great.
    I've taken some photos of the package which arrived. I'll upload them at some point.
    The packaging and the contents are very impressive. It looks to me to be a very good deal for less than £400, delivered to the door, with a 10 year warranty.
    Additional 5" Sidewheel: Large top turret: 2x Sunshades: End caps: Distance & 'Clicks' labels.
    It doesn't however, make the tea or do a song & dance routine.

I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you. It can make you go a funny colour if you do it for too long. But ....
    Winter League shooters had better watch out !!! :D:D

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Good stuff Jack :)

Get a 'coaster' for the magnification ring

http://www.solware.co.uk/air-pistol-air-rifle/Single-Breakaway-Coaster-Fishing.shtml

Helps with ease, and makes for fast adjustment, especially in the cold.

Spend time setting it up well. Do it on a range where you know the targets won't move, so if you discover a problem you have some constant to check against. Different methods, but I cut some target string, fray it, and stick it to some black gaffer tape to a target board so it sticks out to the side and range on that when setting up the wheel. You should be able to focus on a single strand quite far out, perhaps all the way. You can get into a right mess focusing on different colour boards. Do it on full mag as well and on a day without heat haze.

Make sure you have the eyebell set up before doing that though. Let your eyes come to rest for 20-30 mins before attempting. I find my eyes take 20 mins after taking off my glasses to settle. If you don't know how to set up the eyebell, ask :)

How you do your numbers is up to you, but i prefer marking the wheel with pencil first, then i keep my clicks on a separate sheet. This means if i need to change them for whatever reason, I can, I don't have to fiddle with the turret or wheel.

I use ATP61 adjustable mounts, easy to setup... i stick the scope to centre in the turrets (dialing one way then the other, then turning back 1/2 way), and then use the mounts to get me close to 55yds without dialing. This way I know I won't run out of travel when I come down to 8-10 yds.

3. Nick G

Nick G Active Member

Club:
    Greyhound/ Purley Chase
    I shoot an airwolf with a T50, used to have a sidewinder 30, after getting the t50 my scores improved no end.I find the range finding very good though it does struggle a bit when looking into the shaded areas.

4. Nick G

Nick G Active Member

Club:
    Greyhound/ Purley Chase
    Just remembered, T50's are already optically centred when you buy them

5. Sharpe

Sharpe Semper fidelis

Club:
    Maldon
    Good luck with that mate, I shall be watching your scores :)

6. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Don't forget to remember to charge the batteries in your Devistate!
    Then when you have a bad score you can always say you remembered to forget about them!

7. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    Thanks Rob. That's excellent. I do like the idea of the frayed end of the string.
    I have several coasters - in anticipation of today. :D The Mk3 will not be returned until next Wednesday. (though at least the work is finished) I still have to buy mounts, so I'll look at ATP61's.
    I have some riser blocks (just in case) I may have acces to a 40 yds indoor target area and a 60yds outdoor range, which with a bit of luck may be sheltered from winds, on the day that I set up.

Thank you. I will try hard not to disappoint :rolleyes: :)

Begoraaagh. It wouldn't be the emerald oisle that yer from, would it ??? :)
    I spend most of my life forgetting things, to make room for the things I'm supposed to remember :D

8. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Get a spirit level jack and set it up and use it. Then do your windage indoors at 40yds. Then take note of the clicks and leave it there ( im assuming the t50 doesnt have turret caps )Don't go outdoors and convince yourself you need to change it. Fatal. 40 yds is 10-15 better than most ever get so you should be spot on.

9. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    Great scope

I have the T50 LMS (Silver) on my Air Ranger and so far it's been spot on in all areas open sunny fields to dark woods and from open areas into the dark woods.

Looked at this one and a Sightron for twice the penny's, settled for the T50 after watching a mate struggle when his Sightron gets warm :-(, good choice mine is good up to 26-28c then it moves from the centre mark on the stickers to the top when really warm.

It's a pleasure to use and so far has not missed a range, the only problem is the operator not getting the wind right lol

Happy shooting with it :shot:

10. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    I'll get a spirit level ordered this evening Rob. :D :rolleyes: :D
    The T50 does have turret caps. It comes with the manufactured ones on the elev & windage, but is also provided with a large unmarked one to replace the elev turret cap, if required.
    Spirit Level now ordered Rob

Thank you. That is very encouraging. :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  11. Neil-T

Neil-T Boingers forever.

Club:
    Far Coley
    Just got myself one too Jack, just to have a play with on one of the springers. Will update you on my progress, an let us know how you get on with yours. Good luck in your local winter league. Neil.

12. Ratinator

Ratinator 77.74

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Winter league

Neil
    He's in the same winter league has you (sywell member)

13. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    As you'll have gathered Neil I am very impressed with what I've seen of mine so far. I'd certainly benefit from your observations of the T50. I look forward to that.
    I have received lots of advice, very generously given, by several prominent people on ShtBr.
    It is immensely encouraging. :)

It would be good to meet up with Neil over the Winter :D

I'm off to the Masters & Showdown at Newbury for the weekend - to do some more watching/listening/learning. I'm really beginning to enjoy this FT thing.

14. AIRFIX GILLY

AIRFIX GILLY WFTA World Champion 2012

Club:
    Castle
    Join pump the fish

Now then Jack, now you've got your new scope and new pro target how do you fancy joining the Pump the Fish gang?
    Your welcome to join, all you have to do is pump your fish.;)

15. peterh

peterh Stoopit forriner.

Best. Advice. Ever. If there'd be a LIKE button here, I'd hit it until my left mouse button would cave in.

To most, this will probably be Old News(TM), but experience has it that it cannot be said often enough.

16. ellis d

ellis d Active Member

Club:
    Castle ftc
    gilly and evans...AKA...The chuckle brothers

I wouldn't bother if I were you jack...Theres only 2 members and 1 doesn't hand his score cards in (excuses for missing) and the little bloke only shoots when theres no wind (Anston pm session););)
    As for your new scope, I would get the adjustable mounts, If you buy the standard mount I think you will run out of clicks on the turret, Don't pack the rear mount, you might crush the tube......adjustable mounts or an ajp rail with a bit of angle built in:)

17. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    I've already ordered a spirit level this evening. From Michael Tawn in Wisbech. So I'm willing to bet it will arrive before the Mk3 does. :D Great guy Michael. :)

18. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    I was cordially introduced to Mr Fisher on Sunday morning. Seemed a nice guy to me. Good shot too. :D :D :D
    Very good score in blustery conditions. :rolleyes: :) The only thing I've ever pumped is bicycle tyres.

Only two ????? :eek:
    Are you sure ??
    That's not a Gang: that's a Partnership, isn't it ? :rolleyes: :)

19. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Level

you should be up to robs level in about a week ??? HOLLY:):D:cool:

20. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    Hello Mr H. I haven't seen you since Bisley. I trust you're well.
    7 out of 40 in the Winter League & I'll be away with the fairies. :D