Xmas Celebrations Around the World...

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Shaqa, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Shaqa

Shaqa New Member

Hi all,
    This is more of a general themed thread. Firstly to hope everyone has a happy and safe Xmas.....yes I know thats a bit cheesey!!
    Anyway, how will people be spending their Xmas day celebrations this year??
    Personally my day will begin with opening a few pressies from under the tree...should take all of 5mins!!
    Start prepping lunch.....consisting of Roast pork, BBQ'd chicken, crayfish, scallops, probably some roasted veges in there somewhere, then xmas pud and pavlova. Sit down with friends and eat a lot of it with some wine. Then lie on the couch feeling like a beached whale for an hour or two. Some front yard cricket...complete with beers. Then finish off the food left from lunch at dinnertime.
    Thats my typical Kiwi Xmas.......how about you guys...what do you do?

2. skipper

skipper New Member

:) When i lived in NZ it started off with a days work filling pot holes on the Roads in work then a few beers a BBQ and a proper cool down in the icy waters of lake wakatipu before falling asleep in a caravan at 40 c :D

Have a good one Shaqa and all the best for the coming year...... Merry Christmas & Happy Newyear :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  3. D Martin

D Martin Non member

I'll probably be up first as usual then watch the kids open their presents....well I say kids they're both in their teens now....it just ain't the same.
    Then it's off to my mams for Christmas dinner where no doubts she'll cook enough to feed the whole street again:rolleyes:
    Then back home and crash out with a few beers or a nice malt whiskey and watch all the repeats on the telly that I watched last Christmas.:D

Dave

4. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    First up makes a cuppa(i pretend to be asleep so Jane can do it:cool:) then we all open the prezzies, normally moan that i don't like some of them:D get called grumpy git, but why lie if you don't like it:rolleyes: then up my mothers for dinner, then back home for an hours kip and then down Jane's mother for tea, then back home for some TV.

Pete

5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    If I get out of bed before midday something has gone wrong.

If I'm not asleep by mid afternoon something has gone wrong.

If I haven't eaten too much by the evening something has gone wrong.

If it goes wrong, the pub is 200yds away :D

6. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Up at stupid oclock with the kids:D Coffee & big fryup. Thrash No1 Son at scalextrics, 10am into kitchen to start Dinner 1001 am crack open first bottle of wine after that it starts getting a bit blurred, serve dinner when Chef is suitably marinated:D:D:D:D

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  7. steg

steg Member

Club:
    Emley Moor

You know whats right and whats wrong then mate?....as long as you have the final solution firmly in your mind all will be well

8. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

iT;LL BE A BIT STRANGE THIS YEAR

Up about 8 oclock ,make the wife abit of brecky and open prezzies wont take long .we are of to lunch at the sister-in -laws [looking forward to speaking to the nephew just back from afgan] after lunch about 4 o;clock back home about 6 o;clock as the wife starts work at 6-45 and i;ll be on my own to watch and eat what i want .
    Some people call me a misserable old bastarrrrd but i;ll be as happy as a lark on my own and maybe speak to some of you on christmas night .

9. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

This year will be the first year I'm not eating Christmas dinner with my family as we're at Andrea's folks. This year it'll be - Up early doors for breakfast and pressies, then off to The in laws for dinner. Early afternoon home to drop the car off and walk round to my folks to see my family and start drinking proper. Then back home around 9ish with my brother so we can stay up late again drinking whiskey! :D

Boxing day used to be spent at the local Rugby club for a charity match but now Dad and I go for a plink up in the morning and a couple of pints. This year we've a enough friends joining us for Chris C to warrant bringing all his guns along too!!:D:D

Ryan

10. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Hope you and Mrs Charlton have a cracker mate:D:D:D

11. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Will indeed, thanks mate. All the best to you and the family. :)

Ryan

12. Shaqa

Shaqa New Member

Well Xmas 2009 is drawing to a close in NZ as I write this. I have just had my evening tucker and for the second time today Im feeling like a beached whale!!!
    I hope everyone, whereever they may be, has had a great xmas......