WTB - need advice & help...

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Jan 24, 2010.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Have been hankering after an Anschtutz 8002 or 9003 to convert to FT power, and/or a 2nd Steyr LG110 HP in black, and/or the FT version, as well as another Walther LG300 Alutec and/or laminate, and a Fwb P70FT as well as a Fwb Mod700 in laminate or the alu 10 meter alu stock ...where If I get either or both, I would also uprate the power to FT use. (count them...thats an additional 8 guns to consider & add to my collection).

Which would you buy first ? :confused:

I have +/- 3000 grand to spend ...so can actually go for 2 high end rifles, or 3 if by some miracle in the short term...

Here's the deal: www.egun.de , has today -

1) FWB Mod 700 - 10 meter - Alu Blue- Euro 1690 (GBP1500) http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=2618710

2) Anschutz - 10 meter - Euro 1055 Buy Now price (GBP925) http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=2621075

...and it has listed an

3) Anschutz 2002 -10 meter- Euro 750 current Bid (GBP660) http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=2620196 ....but have heard of horror stories the cocking pin can shear off...so may give this one a wide berth.

4) Dutch forum - Steyr LG110 HP in black for Euro 900 (GBP790), but in .22 & 40 Joules, which means getting a new regulator of 16 Joules IF, I were to import to UK as non FAC; anyone know how much Harry Preston sells the 16 Joules regulator, or has a spare one ???

Any advice ?

Thanks in advance.

2. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
  3. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
  4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    it's just up the road from me...

5. WHIZZER

WHIZZER Member

jon harris and airmasters modify the cocking on the 2002, dont let this put you off, they are fantastic rifles and bullet proof!

6. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    What do you mean ?the shop ?

Have you seen or are going to have a look at the Anschutz ? Is Andy a top bloke then ? thks for feedback, if any..

7. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Would appreciate if you could tell me how much John Harris charges to uprate the Anschutz..

BTW, do you have one, and have any experience/feedback to share ? Any photos of your Ans. ?

The unofficial manufacturer's section- Anschutz ...needs filling up with comments/perspective and photos. :D

8. WHIZZER

WHIZZER Member

jon charges about £100 to convert from 6 to 12ftlbs, the end result is very good.

i have an airmasters 8002 in a paul wilson stock but its being serviced at the moment. In my opinion the standard stocks (alu or wood) are not that good for ft due to the shape of the hand grip. it does not offer proper grip support when sitting. This is why i had the ft stock made.

regards
    stuart

9. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    GBP100 ???? Thats brilliant !

Am definately going to get my air rifles from 'Uber Alles Land' ...all second hand of course from 10 meter shooters...and at GBP100 a pop to convert, I can save more dosh and maybe have a couple of 'schutzes..:D

I found the following on Luchtbuks (Dutch forum)...which was sold unfortunately ! for euro 850 price drop (GBP750) :eek:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  10. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -

Stuart,

Spoke to Dave Welham this afternoon...conversion are about GBP400 + :eek:

Dont know when you had yours done for GBP100 a pop...:confused:

Anyhow, will have to revise my "To Buy List" to 2 'schutz from an original plan of getting 3 ..