Wrong target !

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by skires, May 25, 2009.

1. skires

skires Well-Known Member

It was a joke post Pete.

B:rolleyes:Z

2. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Yeah a few of us thought the thread was funny;)

Sorry you meant your reply, and by the way i was taking the piss to.

Pete

3. Mog

Mog New Member

Club:
    Truttemer Tir Club
    I know this is unlikely to happen, but here is the scenario....
    Shooter A at peg 1 shoots target 2 by mistake and 'kills' it, shooter B at peg 2 fires a fraction of a second after, as his target falls flat, and misses completely. Quite rightly shooter A gets a donut, but what about shooter B?

4. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Thats a good question.

IMO if all parties agreed this is what happened then the chief marshal should be called and then explained the situation and as you said shooter A would get the 0 and shooter B should on this occasion be allowed to take his shot again as it was through no fault of his own.

But this shouldn't be confussed with if the target was already down and not as you described then its a 0 as always best to pull the string and make sure targets are reset.

Pete

5. loopyloo

loopyloo Member

Club:
    Bisley
    What about crossed strings?

Player A is shooting at target 1
    but as player C is shooting and got target 2 is now pulling target up and the string comes in front of target 1 player A shoots hits the string
    can he claim another shot as its not his fault that some one pulled a string in his view?

poor player A not having a good day at this shoot :D

6. skires

skires Well-Known Member

I'd rule that as tough titty Player A.

It's everyone's responsibility to make sure that the line of fire is clear when you take your shot re other strings coming into view when being reset at another target.

Otherwise it would be another excuse for people to take another shot .... " Ooooh did you see that ? I hit the string from that other target ... I'll have another go " .

If a string from another target has got caught on a branch or something and is now stuck across the kill zone of your target ... then call the marshall BEFORE you take your shot and get it cleared.

Just my opinion on that one.

Boz

7. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Club:
    Emley Moor
    Actually, i'm surprised that the guy marking your card didn't tell you that you were aiming for the wrong target, damn unsporting old chap.

8. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Could the same not be said if player A shoots player B's target instead?;) Surely it falls to the individual to shoot the right target.;):D

Ryan

9. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

The same happens as has happened in FT & HFT for years Lyndeen......bugger all.....it's just tough luck

10. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Charlts I've given up on the WT theme now :D

... but for arguaments sake ...

If someone is locked onto a target and a string suddenly jumps up in view and is sitting across their line of fire it is clearly their problem if they choose to pull the trigger and risk hitting the string ... or just wait a couple of seconds for the string to drop thus eliminating the chance they may hit it.

That is different from someone who genuinely believes they are on the right target.

One's a silly mistake ... the other's just silly :D

Boz

11. Mog

Mog New Member

Club:
    Truttemer Tir Club

What happened to player B, did he go home? :D:rolleyes:

12. skires

skires Well-Known Member

In fairness to him Chris ...

The lanes are very close together and it's a relaxed shoot so a chat to the guys on the next lane is not uncommon. Also the two targets were at the same distance away ( about 30 yards ) ... one was near the bottom of the bank in the shadows and one was about 6 feet off the ground and maybe a yard or so to the left of the other one.

So the targets were so close together that from a standing position a couple of yards behind the shooter it was probably very difficult to see what the prone shooter was aiming at.

Boz

13. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Player B was disqualified after twatting Player A because he shot his target in your example.

Boz

14. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    I've done it (right after a doughnut as well :rolleyes:) & it's damn annoying but it your own fault at the end of the day. Thats what I like about the Uk's, they are marked at the target as well.

15. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I've done it a few times... even in GP's with marked targets... and with FT you have two targets in a lane to go at, and they have to be in order (because course builders can be clever by shifting pressure onto the clock depending on how they place the first target)

never forget to pull those strings...;)

16. Gold

Gold New Member

I haven't shot the wrong target yet but am sure i will one day, i understand and respect the rules and reasoning behind them, when i do shoot the wrong one i know i will feel a proper plum and rightly so, as for no crossing strings Jamie, you were at Kelmarsh for the worlds, that was brilliant, especially the lake course, the strings weren't just crossed, they were woven :eek:, its a none starter, things work well as they are, maybe there should be some plum badges, or a dolls head :D
    Atb
    Cliff

17. skires

skires Well-Known Member

You guys .... :D:D:D

Boz

Last edited: May 28, 2009