worse shoot ever

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by martin c, Aug 2, 2009.

1. martin c

martin c New Member

just had an attrocious shoot . we all hear how if you have a bad target then put it behind you but what happens when nothing goes right.
    Dont want to blame it on the fact that i think i have got some sort of bug or other but that is the only thing i can think of

Any way that is my winge over :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

yours despondantly:eek:

2. delta1

delta1 New Member

It happens, and is all part of the fun.

Just try to make the next one better, then you'll soon be back to where you should be.

Sometimes its the miserable ones that you remember later.

Anyone remember Bolton?:D

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    write it off... get back on the horse... :)

4. Feral

Feral New Member

one of my worst scores ever but far from one of my worst shoots... had a real laugh from start to finish with Daniel and Nick 'The Log' Fubar

5. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Never a truer word spoken. In 97 I shot a local 50 shpt FT comp near Petersfield. Just enjoyed the day and ignored the gripes and moans from around me. Spoke to my club mates when I was half way round and they had a couple of lanes to go. The shock on their faces when they saw I had only missed 2 targets so far:) .

Go to the end of course droopping only 3 in total. Was really chuffed with a 47/50 next score was a 44/50.

Anyway the following weekend was a GP near Worcester. Feeling good knowing the rifle and scope perfromed well the week before. Scored a total of 20/50 had 26 split pellets of which only 1 went down :mad: , missed all the standers :( , got all the kneelers:) and only missed most of the 40yd+ targets.

Just put it down to the group and weather one of those left then right then left winds :confused:

Just look at it this way, it can only every get better after a really bad shoot.

6. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

turtle i'l have you know:cool:

7. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

The problem with this as with any sport is that we always want to better our scores regardless of fun and our competitive natures .

If your goal is to get 40 , you reach that then you want 41 , 42 and so on thats how it is Martin :)

IIRC your PB is either 49 or 50 which is good considering you rarely use the PCP or practice , so what if the wheels fell off - you are certainly not alone .

I remember last season and we all walked along the Swallows course thinking ' doddle this looks , easy clearance or very high 50's ' ... I like many others scored below 50 that day !!!!!

atvb

Dave

8. Mog

Mog New Member

Club:
    Truttemer Tir Club
    Mounted HFT, now there's a thought. :D

9. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

I will refrain from saying anything through fear that you may get the wrong impression of me as being a gutter snipe .

atvb

Dave