WHFTA Worlds 2018 revised event timings

Discussion in 'WHFTA Official forum' started by Dave Ramshead, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    On the request of Pete Sparkes:

Due to the ground conditions at Kelmarsh and the weather warnings issued for Monday, the Worlds will be held on Sunday Only and both courses will be shot on the same day by all competitors.

To make the event possible, revised timings will need to be strictly adhered to and full co-operation is required to make this event work.

· All Competitors Book in: 6.30 to 7.45 am, shooting to commence at 8am

· Course / Shooter buddy Marshall to be used, not the rota as previously advised

· Strict Timing to be used, 1 min MAX per shooter from approaching peg / mat down. ALL groups must time or the event will fail, please bring a clock / phone / timing device.

· If shooter numbers are reduced by 60 competitors, the organiser may reduce each course to 25 targets instead of 30.

Alfa Course:

8am – Red

10.15am – Yellow

12.30pm – Green

2.45pm – Blue

Bravo Course:

8.00am – Blue

10.15am – Green

12.30pm – Red

2.45pm - Yellow

Please pass this onto your friends who will be competing. Thank you for your assistance and co-operation.

Simon gibson likes this.
  2. Ceathreamhnan

Ceathreamhnan WHFTA Champion 2013

Club:
    Dunfermline
    Would it not allow green to have a rest between sessions if they swapped with blue? Otherwise they’re going to be shooting for 4.5 hours non stop.

3. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Hi Greg

Been sorted

Pete

4. Bellerophon

Bellerophon Active Member

Please see revised times below. The key point is that everybody is accounted for and booked in for 0630-0745. On behalf of WHFTA I'd like to thank Dave Ramshead for his assistance in getting the message out there as quick as possible whilst some of us were driving etc. Thanks Dave.

It is key that competitors adhere to the first timing! I reiterate it is key competitors adhere to the first timing.

I'd also like ask competitors to administer patience with the event organisers throughout the event, we are ensuring that an event goes ahead in very challenging circumstances through no fault of our own. Although we will try and accomadate everyone's needs we will not necessarily be able to facilitate individuals specific requirements within the time frame we have. However we will, where required strive to do so.

Please bring a positive attitude as this will be a success providing we ALL as a community play our own little part, to coin an horrendous Commandoism "cheerfulness in the face of adversity".

Due to the ground conditions at Kelmarsh and the weather warnings issued for Monday, the Worlds will be held on Sunday Only and both courses will be shot on the same day by all competitors.
    To make the event possible, revised timings will need to be strictly adhered to and full co-operation is required to make this event work.
    • All Competitors Book in: 6.30 to 7.45 am, shooting to commence at 8am
    • Course / Shooter buddy Marshall to be used, not the rota as previously advised
    • Strict Timing to be used, 1 min MAX per shooter from approaching peg / mat down. ALL groups must time or the event will fail, please bring a clock / phone / timing device.
    • If shooter numbers are reduced by 60 competitors, the organiser may reduce each course to 25 targets instead of 30.
    Alfa Course:
    8am – Red
    10.15am – Yellow
    12.30pm – Blue
    2.45pm – Green

Bravo Course:
    8.00am – Blue
    10.15am – Green
    12.30pm – Red
    2.45pm - Yellow

Thanks,

WHFTA Team

MickyFinn likes this.
  5. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Herder of delinquent cats.

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    Well said that man!

6. bigbilly

bigbilly New Member

i'm getting a flashback to 2016

7. Rotherham Owl

Rotherham Owl Air Arms Poster Boy

Club:
    The Anston Massive
    Good work in coming up with a plan.

I'm sure there are more important things to think about but will there be a burger van?

JPS Norton likes this.
  8. green hobbit

green hobbit HFTshooter

Club:
    Buxted Rifle & Pistol
    Hi...as the fair is cancelled is the burger van still coming ??

9. Ash Bailey

Club:
    It had better be a 4x4 or tracked vehicle! ;);):rolleyes:

10. Ro6er

Ro6er Roger Dodger

Club:
    Furness Marksmen & Rivington Riflemen
    Hi Guys , I and my two buddies did turn back after hearing the news about the ground conditions and the show cancellation. However to all those who have continued and will shoot lets wish them all the best and hope that they have a great memorable time.

Well done to those helping with organisation to help make this happen.

Cheers

11. Bensile

Bensile Active Member

Club:
    Emley moor
    Can I congratulate the organisers for making this event happen. Top event and showed the best of what the Community can do.

Well done all.

Also congratulations to all the winners great shooting.

MickyFinn likes this.
  12. john

john Member

Well done to all the organisers who kept this event going despite the horrible conditions. Hope you had a few beers after to celebrate...you deserved it.
    As you would expext the courses were hard but well set. Personally I really liked the 1 minute per peg format and think it should be introduced and enforced at all HFT shoots.
    Well done to the winners.

Thanks to Laura and Rom my shooting partners who helped make the day as fun as it was.

Bensile, steve1000 and MickyFinn like this.
  13. GTC

GTC Member

Club:
    anston
    well done to pete and his team for keeping this event going, the right decision was made i rekon, and , i thought it ran pretty smooth really, kieron was a godsend giving instructions with just the right amount of humor and constantly dashing about making sure everyone was in the right place, the ladies were excellent on the booking in even the weather played ball, thanks to all the sponsors and well done to all the winners.

Bensile, steviep and MickyFinn like this.
  14. Ash Bailey

Club:
    As above comments - well done getting the job done, great fun and great company despite the mud.

Kieran - you're a bloody star! Love your attitude buddy.

Thanks to Gert and Thomas my shooting buddies. Lovely company.

Just stripped my gun down... Seems pellets were clipping the inner cone of the stripper. Gert, clever dick! You were right! Chrono was 777fps, so on.

Thanks WHFTA crew, your efforts are appreciated!

Bensile likes this.
  15. Amac

Amac Active Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    I think that those responsible for rearranging the complete format in such a short period of time deserve medals. In my opinion, everything proceeded to plan due to the efforts of very few people who made genuine attempts to allow the event to continue. They are all a credit to the sport.
    Well done to all the winners!
    Frank

Simon gibson and Mrs Owl like this.
  16. Mrs Owl

Mrs Owl Active Member

Club:
    Anston
    Fantastic day yesterday. Well done to all who turned up to shoot, especially, of course, the winners. HUGE thank you and well done to Pete, Keiran and crew for organising and running such a difficult day. You should be really pleased with yourselves, as it was a HUGE success. I even went home £250.00 better off! whoooo.

17. Mrs Owl

Mrs Owl Active Member

Club:
    Anston
    P.s. thanks to David and Howard for putting up with me for 2 courses! :D:D:D

18. dave benyon

dave benyon Spirit of HFT 2009

Well done to Pete and the Worlds team for all the effort they put in yest so the event could still go ahead. As above I think the 1 minute a lane worked well and should be used from now on.

Simon gibson, Ash Bailey and w-v-m like this.
  19. Amac

Amac Active Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    I think that is a damned good idea Mr Benyon!

20. Simon gibson

Simon gibson Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Just like to echo all the above comments and congratulate all the winners and also thank you to Sparky for a great days shooting and finally Simon Vant not only for winning but for drawing my name out to win £100.00 cheers pal.

MickyFinn likes this.