Worlds 2012

Discussion in 'WHFTA Official forum' started by Sparky, May 25, 2011.

1. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    With this years attitudes with some shooters we still haven t decided if the event will go ahead next year as its just not worth the hassle and grief.

But if the World Championship remains in the UK for 2012 this is what is needed.

2 separate clubs to volunteer to set up both courses, you will need to bring your own targets and also give up your time for 4 days to set it up, Quarry will not be volunteering for this.

Marshals to turn up when they are expected to, this has happened every year and some people have had to do double their share.

Shooters who are unhappy with anything not to kick off or show off during the event, if this ever happens again at any shoot not just the World Championships, these shooters will be kicked off the course without hesitation no matter who they are or think they are.

People to come onboard to share the work load before and during the event, unlike before the first year when we had a group of 10 people with a job each yet never lifted a finger or even bothered to turn up for the Worlds.

The decision that if the Worlds will go ahead will be made in the next couple of months so people will have plenty of time to arrange things.

2. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Hope it does go ahead Pete, don't let a few whinging prats spoil it. Anything you need doing just ask only proviso is that I will not shoot & marshall at the same time. :cool:

3. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Happy to help set up, I enjoy setting courses as much as shooting them, not sure if Horsham has enough variety in the killzone sizes to do a UK/WHFTA event though.
    & happy to marshal still Pete.

4. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    I will happily take care of arranging the marshals and if you need someone to win the bonus bunny again, I am more then happy to oblige.

5. Mog

Mog New Member

Club:
    Truttemer Tir Club

Excuse my ignorance, but what was there to be unhappy about at this years Worlds? I have attended all three and IMHO the latest was the best yet, from signing in to the end, it appeared to be the best organised, with the best set courses, will be a shame if it doesn't continue.

6. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Agreed Charles, as you know some people are only happy if they are bitching about something. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. shipo

shipo New Member

Club:
    ANSTON FTC
    It was my first time at the worlds and i really enjoyed it ,two great courses , well set out, no complaints from me it was well run and my hat goes off to all that ran it and put the time in to set it up, WELL DONE . I cant work out wot all the compliants where about , it's a hunter course and if you was out hunting you would find yourself in testing positions to get your kill. I have seen the moans from people on here after the worlds and i think they need to sit and think about wot they are saying or try to put a shoot on them self that is testing and not boring for people to shoot. It will be a shame if the worlds do not go a head for 2012 and are not run by the same people when so many people enjoyed it and only a few people didnt. I hope to see everyone that enjoyed it in 2012 .

8. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Push through it guys... it's worth it...

Anyway, what else you gonna do with the weekend? :D

9. gillieman

gillieman New Member

What about asking all the shooters who wasn't happy with the course, to set the next one!

I dont go on year as much as i should so i dont no who was winging about the course. I hunt more than i do Hft and there is never such thing as a easy shot, so i just make do with whats on.

10. herx77

herx77 Member

The Bodyboarding capitol of Hertfordshire.
    Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    Over the three years I have had the enjoyment of doing them,I think the worlds have gone from strength to strength.Courses, challenging, and mentally disturbing,"at least for me," but very enjoyable!
    The continual "improvement of the sneekiness of the setters" who set and varied the courses make it something to look forward to each year,almost equalling the enjoyment of the shooting companions that you are grouped to shoot with over the two days there.
    If not moaning about the weather people will find something else to have a dig at;the formula works or the numbers would not be there unless its constructive critisisum ignore it and look forward to next year.
    herx77 .

11. A458

A458 Member

Club:
    Furnace Mill
    Having taken part over the last two years, I have enjoyed the courses set and the trickery encountered and as a hunter agree that there is no standard shot positional wise if you want to bag a potentially moving target should you not move quietly. The companionship and the enjoyment factor are key to finding out more about yourself and using your equipment fully as intended. We all miss targets for numerous reasons and try to blame everyone else except ourselves. I for one would miss this type of enjoyment should it be discontinued by people not willing to assist complaining about those who do. These people should think carefully before they make comments about/to those who give up their valuable time to providing a challenging and entertaining competition.
    Ian

12. Graham

Graham New Member

Club:
    NEW CALEDONIAN ARC
    Myself and the rest of the lads from New Caledonian ARC had a great weekend, we thought yourself and Pete and the rest of the folks done a great job and thanked you at the prizegiving for a brilliant weekend, dont let a few moaning gits spoil it for all the good friendly shooters who attended. Keep up the good work Pete and if we can help in any way we will.
    Graham