world 2011 rules

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by flyfisher, Aug 12, 2011.

1. flyfisher

flyfisher Member

2. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    There are no core international rules concerning target size and distance, its an ongoing saga that needs addressed but meanwhile the rules are up to the host country. The rules on targets and distance by the looks of them are ok.

3. greyskullnz

greyskullnz Non member

Sea level Island locations get more wind drift and loopier trajectory due to the denser air. Thus a larger KZ is used more.

It is based upon what works locally, and what gives a degree of challenge that is a test of skill rather than a game of chance. A13mm KZ 4500ft up in South Africa is not as hard to get as a 25mm at sea level.....even when you factor in wind.

A universal set of KZ sizes won't work.

4. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Disagree, especially when its used as a stander and/or you have travelled 1000,s of miles from sea level and your settings are different :eek:

Surely a universal size of KZ sizes has to work i.e. min and maximum size.

5. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

Club:
    CTC
    I agree with you here in Portugal we have very erratic wind but we try to approach our rules to the ‘international ones because what is important is that when we compete all shooters have the same conditions and from there the best one wins.

In my first international match at Euskadi with standers at close range with 40mm didn t make me a better shooter when we do our nationals with 15mm, it only give me more changes because it was easier.

6. flyfisher

flyfisher Member

Hello,
    The FT is a relatively new shooting sport in some countries.

It is difficult to implant especially in countries where the airgun hunting is not authorized.

If the organizers begin to invent too difficults courses, or particular local rules, it will be very difficult to attract new members.

The FT in England exists for a long time then why re invent what already exists.

That make the international federation?

Robert (from france)

7. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

Club:
    CTC
    Robert I agree that it s very difficult to attract new members but you should start with rules has close as possible to the English, here in Portugal the rules are changed every year and that is the worst thing to do because every year I have to adapt my gear and shooting position and that leaves little space to improve the shooting.

What you can do is mount a circuit with a less degree of difficulty.

I defend that is preferable to have a circuit with small killzones at close range that one with a lot of 40mm at longer distances, that way you can use less power and less precise rifles.

8. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    There has been some discussion with some proposals about core rules sent out in the WFTF, so please have a chat with your representatives and see what you propose back. The EFTA suggested some simple things, just so agreement can be made on simple rules... but perhaps when the new WFTF site is finished then debate can be easier. But there are some debates on the email circular list.

(Personally) I seem to think the Millimeters + 10m rule works (15mm to 25m, 25mm to 35m, 35mm to 45m, 40 to 50m... and 10m to 50m for the targets... not sure about reducers on positionals. But that is my view, and not the EFTA's! :) I just communicate what the chairman and management committee decide...

But if they're the maximum distance and miniumum sizes then you can always make courses easier.

Is France coming into the WFTF? We'd love to be able to visit France with the airguns, it could open a whole lot of competitions up for Western Europe with ease... :)