Winter League Scores ??

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by thesmokindog, Feb 1, 2010.

1. thesmokindog

thesmokindog New Member

Club:
    Castle FTARC
    Hi all

This may be a very stupid question (mine very often are...). Can someone please tell me how the MFTA winter league scores are calculated. If I look at the score for the day (targets hit), it is on the right hand side.. And the best score of the day is 100 points..Then your points for the day are a percentage of that 100 points..However, if I add up total points for the last 8 rounds it just does not add up to the same result as the total points awarded.

I know this question is as clear as mud, but I'm confused (it gets you that way when you shoot round with Karl (Turbo). Am i thick, missing something or both...

All the best
    Andy

2. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

I'll try not to add to your confusion.

The top score on the day is awarded 100 points, the next best 99 and so on.

Your points from each round are then added together to give your total. However as the Winter league is calculated on your best six rounds only the top six will have been added together and your other points disregarded.

Hope that helps

James

3. Shaun

Shaun Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Harriers
    Hi Andy,

The top score gets 100 points, 2nd place 99, 3rd 98 etc

If, as often happens, scores are tied then shooters score the same points. For example the winner scores 29 he gets 100 points, two shooters tie for second place so they both get 99, the next placed shooter is actually in 4th so receives 97 points.

If you win you get 100 points (101 - 1 = 100)
    If you come in 5th you get 96 points (101 - 5 = 96)

If you scored 61 points then you came in 40th place (101 - 40 = 61)
    If you scored 85 points then you came in 16th place (101 - 85 = 16)

There are 10 rounds and only your best 6 scores count. So the maximum total points is 600.

Hope this helps

Shaun :)

4. Shaun

Shaun Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Harriers
    Beaten, as usual, by Mr Osborne. :)

5. thesmokindog

thesmokindog New Member

Club:
    Castle FTARC
    Cheers James & Shaun.

Yep, that does make it clear and at last I now understand. So my total points so far are only my best 6 scores added together ( must start shooting better )..

Cheers chaps, see you at Greyhound on Sunday.

Andy