Why is there no germanic team in HFT

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by madplinker, Jan 3, 2015.

1. madplinker

madplinker New Member

I was wondering why there is no team Germany or Austria entered in the HFT worlds or the years ??????

When you see a good percentage of the rifles come from that area Steyr Walther Wiehrauch and a very small amount of FWBs as well booked into the worlds entry list.

I know they have different power laws but you still see germans and austrians shooting thier version of HFT on youtube so just wondered why a team as never entered. ?????

2. Sharpe

Sharpe Semper fidelis

Club:
    Maldon
    I think it is simply that their rifles are 6 foot pound, so can't compete on an even keel!

3. blackscale

blackscale Member

Sometimes the ridiculous rules that some countries come up with, astound me!

You would think that they would allow 'target shooting' with a power that would have a chance of competing with the rest of the 'realistic' world...wouldn't you....really!

Just amazes me sometimes, at how much red tape is around for the common folk...it's not like they need a 40ftlb rifle, which is potentially lethal!.....Jeez! :confused::D

4. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

Not enough sun beds for them to fight over :rolleyes:

5. AlexS

AlexS Member

44 years ago, an official testing in Germany indicated that 10 Joules is potentially lethal. Minus 25 percent safety margin results in the 7,5 Joule limit. These 6 ftlb are sufficient to compete at 41 yards, just think of all the old FWB300 and Diana75 that are real tackdrivers. On the other hand, more powerful guns are restricted but not illegal.

The problem with German HFT is, there are nearly no shooters here. Actually you can shoot FT only in a handful of places in the whole country. Some tests with HFT embedded in normal FT matches were made, but only few tried this new branch and they even used their normal FT gear. We simply have not enough shooters for a team.

6. madplinker

madplinker New Member

I have seen people testing there walthers and steyrs 12ftlbs versions on ranges and austrians have a good few HFT vids on you tube just shame not any of them coming to represent hft from these countries. :):):):):):)

7. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

Nice bit of racial stereotyping there Bomber!! :eek:

[​IMG]
    Don't mention the war.....:p

8. vinny

vinny WHFTA 2015 World Champion

Club:
    M.A.D
    Totaly agree mate , does suprise me tho lots of countries can do ft at 12ftlbs but dont do hft , bit of a shame bearing in mind hft was created as being the less expensive more user freindly choice ??,

9. Cop Out & Dead Shot

Cop Out & Dead Shot Member

And the sun beds have got to be around a pool as well

10. AlexS

AlexS Member