who's imported a steyr

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by don626, Aug 9, 2015.

1. don626

don626 Member

Club:
    MVAC
    Is there anyone on here that has imported a steyr from Europe? If so where did you get it from and who can you recommend, I know people have done it and there is a BIG saving to be had.

2. maddog

maddog Active Member

Club:
    Emley f t c
    Steyr

I believe steyr have stopped all imports to uk.you have to go via steyr uk.

3. don626

don626 Member

Club:
    MVAC
    Really? I didn't know that can anyone confirm this...

4. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    I used Benke-sport.De nice and easy, you can even use PayPal :)

5. don626

don626 Member

Club:
    MVAC
    That's one of the links I was put on to.

6. john0neuk

john0neuk Well-Known Member

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Don

PM jasongoldsmith on here - he has done a lot of European deals and has a good few contacts

kr

7. subaru swift

subaru swift Active Member

Club:
    Kingsley HFT & Furnace mill.
    I imported mine a few months back. no issues as it was brought In to the UK by a friend.
    like Gary as said most folks use Benke-sport.De a few of my mates have used them too in the past.

On a side if the UK prices were close to the EU prices I would have got one from my local dealer, but at a mad £400 plus saving I got a very good scope out of the savings I made ! :)

8. rich

rich Active Member

This would be in breach of European Community rules on free trade etc.

Steyr Austria aren't happy with some Dutch dealers selling over here at attractive prices; the thing is, it's not just the Dutch dealers, the Germans such as the firm mentioned in this thread, are keen to have a share of our business.

9. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

I imported a new rifle last week, I checked Buinger amongst others but they have just put their shipping costs to the uk up to 125 Euro!!!, one that beat them on price for the particular rifle I was after (Anschutz 8002 S2 Black air) was MKshooting.de but I ended up buying from Jeorger-fritz.de, he smashed the other prices by over 300 Euro and shipped for 22 Euro!
    I paid on Monday, he posted on Wednesday and I got it Friday! I saved £700 on the cheapest one I could find new in the UK!!!

A new Anschutz for under a grand! :D

Strangest part about the whole experience, Parcel force delivered it! You couldn't make it up!

10. don626

don626 Member

Club:
    MVAC
    Thanks guys for your help and hearing that others have done it successfully is giving me more confidence. I hope I can get what I am looking for.

11. stueyT

stueyT New Member

Club:
    Wickham Rifle Club - MVAC
    Just remember to order a 16J power model or Vin will be put to work immediately drilling out the transfer port etc..

12. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Active Member

Benke Sport

I ordered two from Adam Benke of Benke Sport in Germany several months ago.

Adam was initially very accommodating and to start with everything went smoothly; however upon arrival it was discovered that one gun had damage to the exterior of the barrel and a cracked gauge.

Both were supplied with 7.5J ports fitted and 16J ports included (me being told that upping the energy was just a case of swapping the ports) however this turned out not to be the case as the reg pressures are evidently different too - I could only get around 10ftlb max at the current setting with the 16J port fitted.

I contacted Adam ASAP who was initially apologetic, however (I think after having been spoken to by Steyr about export) immediately ceased all communications and I haven't heard from him since.

So no, I absolutely would not endorse Benke Sport, and would strongly advise that you take your business elsewhere..

13. subaru swift

Club:
    :eek: wow a bit of bad service there. one of my orders from another company got cancelled. maybe due to steyr being asked to try & cut down on eu rifles getting shipped to the uk, it could have been hear say or a rumour I don't know because they would not tell me the full reason why.
    but like I have said if the uk prices were sort of close to the eu then I would buy from a uk dealer.

kenny

14. oldtanky7642

oldtanky7642 Member

There is no problem importing Steyr from the EU, iv'e done it on many occasions ,I had a Steyr sent over just last week , no problems , brilliant service.
    I ordered via Krale Schietsport in Holland , saved over £480 , plus only 13 Euro for postage door to door.
    What Rich said is true , interfere with EU free trade at there peril.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  15. subaru swift

Club:
    I ordered mine in April this year when some rumours started to spread about uk or who ever trying to cut down on imports I can not fully remember but that was then & now is now hence I take it things have moved on & forwards.
    Also I too saved a fair bit too getting form the eu hence i got a nice scope out of the saving. cracking rifles these steyrs are & I wish I made the move a some time back :).

I will defo be sending off for another one soon maybe a hunting version but not SA as that is still in the air.... well I think it is as I have given up reading all them 3000 plus posts on 4 or 5 forums. :rolleyes:

16. Steve

Steve Member

+1 On the above.;)

17. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    From my experience of working for British and German engineering companies regarding EU trade, and monopolies as well, what they do and what they are supposed to do (or admit to) are not always the same.:rolleyes:

Any Euro company might not be able to stop open EU trade but they can have an influence on their distributors or agents. Not that I am suggesting that is happening of course.:cool: There could be various reasons for things happening, and you would naturally expect Steyr to try and support their UK distributor to some extent.

What I find strange is the price differences between countries. If the pound is stronger than the Euro why cant the British prices reflect this and reduce slightly accordingly. I thought that's what free trade was about, but I suppose we are looked down upon slightly for thankfully not adopting the Euro.

Interesting stuff ....as I might be interested in bringing a Steyr FT gun in if the saving is as significant as it appears to be..

18. what barn door

what barn door Now them tin chickens are going to get it....

Club:
    Kingsley
    Seeing as how my ftp900 has gone the same way as so many before....Faulty. I might well be putting these european dealers to the test myself. Thanks for the warning about benke, one to avoid I think.

19. James0807

James0807 Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Krale - Schietsport

Hello,

I have ordered one from Krale- Schietsport yesterday with a substantial saving. As the other posters have said. Good communiucation with Gerrit hopefuully rifle will be with me by the end of the week.

Regards

20. oldtanky7642

oldtanky7642 Member

Please let us know how you get on.