Which rifle...confused.

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by cb2591, Aug 30, 2010.

1. cb2591

cb2591 Member

Spent the day with my HW97KTH and a BSA 8-32x44. Tried higher mounts,no good,so fitted medium mounts and shimmed the rear of the scope. Will put up with head alignment for now.Plotted the clicks for various ranges and was amazed at the accuracy of ths method. I had originally intended my AA Prosport for HFT and HW for FT,when i do eventually enter a comp lol.However i can shoot just aswell with either rifle. Hence the title of this thread. Just wondering if i would be better off with 2 AA or 2 HW . They are very different to handle and perhaps i am causing myself a problem needlessly. Another point in passing. The sun was behind and over my left shoulder and the BSA was very milky at high mag. So if i get into FT will need a better scope. I have a thread reference one scope for both shooting formats,that is still a possibility. The most important find of the day was a real surprise to me. I prefer FT style to HFT.I really enjoy learning holdover/under and the number of clicks required at different ranges. I also prefer the sitting position as a stable shooting position. There is a shoot at Newbury this Sunday ,gonna pop down for a look. Still has to be springer though,still not into PCP.

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    probably spend some time with either rifle and see which you prefer out of the two...

(the SR got sold for the full asking price btw)

there's always a debate between the Tx200 and the 97, and the prosport is highly regarded... so your in the right ballpark

3. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Club

If you are a member of a club and have a BFTA card . why not shoot the course saturday ? no one will laugh if you do not get all the targets . and you have to learn by experience . in it to win it is the saying . nobody got better at anything by not doing it . wear a hooded top . put that up when the sun is behind you . also a rubber eye piece . that will stop the light bleeding into your scope . don't worry about kit . get you feet wet and have a go . you will soon learn ??? HOLLY

4. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

RobF reckons your the expert Holly :p:p:D:D:D