Which one would YOU sell??

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by alan-aitch, May 21, 2011.

1. alan-aitch

alan-aitch I'll practice tomorrow...............

Club:
    Bisley
    I've reached a decision to sell one of these three guns but I'm having trouble deciding which. All three have been mine for some time but they just don't get used and I think they are too good to be left in the cabinet.

1. Venom TX200 MK2 - This is an early TX200 Venom Hunter from the days of Ivan etc, I bought it via the BBS about 5 years ago. I had it serviced and refurbed by Steve at VMach and it hasn't done much since. Venom blueing. It is in a GINB stock but also has a Venom stock though I don't think it's the original. It still has the original brass ended silencer.

Pic1 - Pic2 - Pic3 - Pic4

2. Venom HW80 - Another early Venom gun harking from the good old days! FULL Venom Lazaglide including barrel shims, Venom blueing etc. I can't believe this one is on the list, it is the best shooting springer I have ever had! This is also in a GINB stock and I also have a CS800 stock with some Don Robinson improvements (honest, they are improvements). It has a Venom muzzle brake on it but I also have an original 7" vented Venom silencer for it.

Pic1 - Pic2 - Pic3 - Pic4

3. Std TX200 SR MK2 action in a Paul Wilson stock. The blueing is looking at bit tired in places but the gun shoots superbly, this is the gun that I shot a few UKAHFT rounds with in 2005 (I think) got a 59 ex 60 at Lincoln but got beat in the shoot off by Paul Wilson, who refused to be beaten by a springer in one of his own stocks! It is one of the best stocks I've had.

Pic1 - Pic2

Or should I keep them locked up, not getting used?

What do you think?

Alan.

2. The Doctor

The Doctor New Member

Make sure you sell them to someone you can trust - it's heart breaking when you sell something you treasure only to end up in the hands of a butcher :-(

But that SR would look good on me if I decide to make a return for the Europeans this year :) hint hint

Lee

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    If it was me, the tx200 mk2... think everything on it could be done again with ease, where as the other two cant be recreated the same or have history.

4. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    no. 3, keep the other two;)

5. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

All of them, nasty loud boingy things. Flog em all and buy a descent PCP. :p:p:p:D:D:D

6. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

Says the man who shoots a Daystate .......

:D:D:D

7. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

You fixed your Steyr yet or are you going to be scoring the same as me again? :p:p:p

8. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    I would flog number three, would need to be pretty desperate to get rid of the other 2, be sure first though, Im still gutted at letting my pro sport go, but i would never use it, got a tx200 that hasnt been out the case in at least nine months!

9. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    Personnally i'd keep them all. Apart from intrinsic value and difficulty to replace, there is a lot at memories tied up in those guns I'd imagine. They are costing you nothing to keep them, I'd keep them (and yes I'm having the same debate with myself about if I sell an old Ducati 907ie I've got)

10. Sharpe

Sharpe Semper fidelis

Club:
    Maldon
    My sentiments exactly Chris, but thats because neither of us can shoot a springer to save our lives:eek::D:D:D

11. alan-aitch

Club:
    Bisley
    I know exactly what you mean, Lee.

LSR / Scoch - I had kind of decided on the SR during the week, but took it to the club on Thursday for a quick plink and came away wondering why I'd ever bought another gun, it is stunningly accurate.

I kind of agree with Rob, the TX would be easiest to replace and to honest, the TX is probably favorite right now, but on the other hand, that is probably the one that I personally have put most into.

Willbe - Keep them all, eh? I think this guy has a point :D

As for you lot that would swap them for another heartless pcp, you should be ashamed of yourselves ;)

I still dunno.....

Alan.

12. BEESA

BEESA Member

Club:
    Cambridge HFT
    Sell the venom 80 , and sell it to me :D .

Don ..

13. alan-aitch

Club:
    Bisley
    Nice try....... :D

14. BEESA

BEESA Member

Club:
    Cambridge HFT
    Lol :) Iin all honesty i think i would let the SR go if any ..

Don ..

15. alan-aitch

Club:
    Bisley
    To be honest, Don, up until today the idea of selling one of these has just been rattling around my head, having posted it here and on the BBS and seeing it 'written down' it doesn't seem such a smart move :D :D :D

Alan.

16. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Age ?

To a man of your age , best thing to do is to sell the TXs and keep the 80 . lighter ??? HOLLY:):D

17. alan-aitch

Club:
    Bisley
    I cannot begin to tell you how depressing it is to get that from you, Holly!! :( :( ;) :)

18. steveggg

steveggg Trainee Grumps

Alan,

You know my thoughts about springers, and have to say, KEEP them all, think of the pleasure you get from shooting them as well or if not better than your PCP. Even if you only get one out every 3rd week.

19. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Bitch .

Life is a bitch alan . maybe a S 200 would be the rifle for you ??? HOLLY :cool::eek::):D

20. Jamesy

Jamesy Weerach ninja

Club:
    Pontefract ARC.
    I recently sold my much treasured Steyr LG100, it had been customised to my spec by Hydrographics in a one-off blue and silver splash anodised finish, the rest of the Steyr woodwork and triggger guard were painted in a matching metallic blue and it had an armadillo Anschutz butt hook, the rifle was stunningly good to shoot and look at, and to replace it now would cost me the best part of two grand. I hope i don't regret that decision one day!:eek:
    I had toyed with the idea of selling it some eighteen months ago after i'd hardly used it since the last time it was used in competition in the NEFTA winter league 2008, the wife of all people talked me out of it! So i held onto it until earlier this year when i made up my mind to let it go, i'm well and truly smitten with shooting the springers now and for the future i can't see myself shooting anything else.:D
    So, unless you are sure it's what you want to do, or circumsatnces force you to have to part with them, keep them for now, until you are positivley sure .:)