WHFTA 2019 Alpha Course Target Photographs

Discussion in 'WHFTA Announcements' started by Bellerophon, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Bellerophon

Bellerophon Active Member

As an added extra bonus for those wanting know the ins and outs of one of the course they shot at WHFTA 2019 the Course Setters responsible for Alpha course kindly took photographs of each Target after each session.

Please follow the link the Gallery containing the images. As an additional act of kindness each Target's image has been named and has the respective target distance and hit zone size.

As always feedback and comments are welcome.

Many thanks,

Team WHFTA

https://shooting-the-breeze.com/media/albums/whfta-2019-alpha-course-target-photos.852/

Please note currently only Day 1 has been uploaded and edited

2. pbrown

pbrown Bunghole

Excellent, thank you :D

3. rob bates

rob bates Active Member

Club:
    loughborough air gun club and redhill revolvers
    Very good extra info

4. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Club:
    Emley Moor
    Some of those target plates are shockers.....i thought target 9 was a gimme but it certainly caught out enough. Nice to see that the range traps did work.

5. RichNeo

RichNeo Member

Great info.
    I think I want to be on a blue ticket next time (Alpha Day 2 AM). I was on Alpha Day 1 Am and they are proper shot up. Those blue session targets are so much cleaner which is clearly due to skill level. Are the shooting groups assigned by some kind of ranking?

6. Glenn

Glenn New Member

Chris, i can't believe that you'd put a gimme target out on such a prestigious occasion.

7. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Club:
    Emley Moor
    Maybe it's what i class as a gimme as it's pretty much on my zero. It was a 25mm and you're only allowed in the rules to have 4 out at 40 yards so a couple would be around the 35 yd and under area.....IMHO i class that as a Gimme unless the wind is howling. The trick is to try and induce rangetraps with the sub 35 yd targets. One was the large red kite target in the Quarry (IIRC target 28). That was a 25mm kill at approx 33-34 yards which, from the photo, worked a treat as many hit it high.

There can't have been too many gimmes as neither course was cleared.

Glenn likes this.
  8. Glenn

Glenn New Member

And thats a sign of good coarse setting. Both days and top total was 114. -6. Thats a good result for you guys. I know one or two that normally would be 58+ on a normal coarse. Well done.

Peter M likes this.