Whfta 2010

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by Scooby, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

WHFTA 2010 World HFT Championships

Initial plans

International Teams

2010 will see the introduction of an international team competition. Each national team will consist of 6 shooters with their top 4 scores counting towards their national team score. Each national governing body will appoint a team manager to look after team selection, UKAHFT have appointed the following to look after selection for our home countries:

England - Pete Dutton
    Scotland - Kenny Weddell
    Wales - Pete Sparkes

The England team will be the top 6 Open Class finishers in the 2009 UKAHFT series.

Marshaling

Unfortunately this year we were badly let down by a few shooters who had initially volunteered for a marshalling stint but then didn t turn up, luckily we had a few shooters who took up the slack & did more than their share….Thanks guys.

In 2010 it will be part of the entry criteria for all adults, unless some disability exists, to make up a pool of shooter from which we will pick the marshals. If chosen, each marshal will only be required to do a 1hr stint over the weekend.

Zero Range

From shooters comments it s clear that there were too many zero boards out during the competition, next year we will have less per distance & they will only be in yards as both metres & yards were very confusing to some shooters.
    Unfortunately it is also necessary for us to marshal the zero range at all times as there were a number of safety infractions during the weekend:
    • The water pipe in the middle of the range was initial shot at on Sunday morning, this may have been by accident, CF s closed the range for a short period to put bails around the water pipe to protect it. By Sunday afternoon shooters had specifically targeted the exposed tap on top of the bails resulting in a leak which lead to the whole water supply for the site to be closed to allow repairs.
    • A number of caravans behind the zero range were shot at, it is not clear whether this was by accident from shooters aiming at the top of the close targets or from shooters messing about ? Next year there will be a taller sheet fence to stop this happening.
    • There were a total of 17 different range boards (M & Yds) on the zero range, these were marked both sides by range boards. These 34 range boards were to be placed in storage for next years competition, however on examination most of these distance boards have been shot at.

In 2010, any competitor found to be shooting anything other than the designated zero targets will be immediately removed from the competition.

Toilets

There will be one toilet on each of the two courses & two toilets in the entrance way to our shooting area, it was noted that quite a few of the public were pushing through our tent to access our toilets, this was not conducive to good security & we did have one Tankard go astray over the weekend.

Storage area

At the request of a number of shooters, CF s have agreed to erect a gazebo in which shooter can store their bottles & other equipment. Please be aware that this area will not be secure & neither CF s or the WHFTA can accept responsibility for anything stored there.

2. skipper

skipper New Member

Pete on the marshalling side of things i hung around for a good couple of hours on the sunday to do my marshalling stint only to be told when i went down to do it that i wasnt needed. :( i think there was a bit of confusion about what was going on.
    I did get to marshall the second day though and do my bit. :)

Ollie

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  3. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Hi Ollie,

My comments were in no way aimed at you:) , I know you did your bit & I'm not really having a go at the shooters who didn't do their bit:(

I'm just letting people know how we are going to run things next year:D:D

Every marshal will be given a course & time to be there as this year things were a bit vague.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  4. skipper

skipper New Member

Cheers Pete, i know you lot put a hell of alot of effort into doing these comps, i just wish i could do more for the sport, you know that anyway bud, just have to ask :)

Ollie

5. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Cheers mate we'll keep that in mind:D but you have enough on making sure your good lady doesn't kick your ASS:D:D

6. LouiseB

LouiseB New Member

Haha tha's right Pete...he should be shaking in his boots and suffering in his jocks! :)

Lou

7. Rik ochet

Rik ochet Its my skunk, I saw it !!

Will this be over the Easter weekend again next year?

Just want to make sure I'm not working as had too much fun this year to miss out :D

8. nobby-sagc

nobby-sagc New Member

Marshalls

On the Monday second session there were no formal marshalls in the wood bar me - I know there were shooting marshalls but surely if this is a world event a shooter can not marshall as well!

Put me down to marshall both days when I am not shooting as this will stop me spending money in the stalls..... :D

9. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    The countryman fairs website is saying Kelmarsh will take place on the 4th and 5th of April 2010. As far as I am aware the worlds are committed to Kelmarsh for a few years so book your time off

Gary

10. Rik ochet

Rik ochet Its my skunk, I saw it !!

Excellent news. Time already booked but can be moved if needed. Don't want to take any chances. That last place will be mine :D

11. Photoguy2910

Photoguy2910 Member

Think I will book that weekend off now, I loved it there and really want to be back at the next one.

I'm fine with marshalling, as long as I can have my camera too ;)

12. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Count me in, course building, marshelling, Sparky's bodyguard :shot::D:D:D:D

13. stillwater

stillwater Active Member

Club:
    KSG, Misfits
    It can only get bigger:D
    Count me in for helping out if needed.

14. delta1

delta1 New Member

Thanks to those who volunteered to Marshal the Woods course, and my apologies if you were left hanging around on the Sunday.

Regrettably I was not aware that you were waiting there, or your offer would have been very gratefully received!

Once again thanks for volunteering, and my apologies if your time was wasted.:eek:

It was a learning experience for all of us, and I hope the event will move onward and upward as it continues and grows.

15. Davejj

Davejj New Member

Yes guy's myself and H are avaliable for the same again in 2010. Put us down for anything you need.

16. Rubberhubby

Rubberhubby New Member

I will be available to help out next year from lunchtime on the Saturday until when ever, so marshalling, helping to set the course, collect in targets or genral gophering will suit me fine.

As my good lady won't be joining me I may be at a bit of a loose end.

Gary

17. rogb

rogb Señor Member

Like some others, I also turned up to marshall, spoke to Jane and a few marshalls on the course, but nobody seemed to know what was going on or what I should do.

After my session, I had to find the people I was with who were in a different session, get the keys for the car, trek back and find the car (!), stow the kit safely, return, grab a cuppa and a burger. When I got on the course, it was all started.

Come to think of it, I think I was a shooting marshall:confused:, but when I turned up for my session, I wasn't called out or anything. Probably didn't help that I was half-asleep at that time of the morning:eek:

Seems like a first year blip, I'm sure these teething problems will be sorted for 2010. It was a shame as I like marshalling:)

18. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    This was one of the biggest shooting events ever in HFT and even though there were a few cock ups i think the day went well. i am sure the powers that be will learn from this year and next year it will be even better.

Gary

19. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    I'm deffo going to the next one, 4th/5th of April is now booked !

20. waynegal

waynegal New Member

Booking for Kellmarsh country fair.

Hi everybody, My name is Wayne GAlea from Malta (europe).I am writing this so I can meet new friends till I meet you at kellmarsh in April coz I booked the competion today and I be coming over to join you .It`s my first time having part in WHFTA overseas and I am more that exited that I be willing to meet some of the topshooters in the worls .I am waiting for my ev2 mk3 which I bought and I got a falcon manance ffp 5.5-25x56 ml16 ,to say the scope is great optics but what do you thing about my setup for HFT ?

Regards,

Wayne Galea