where to get one ... Steyr that is

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by FGYT, Jun 2, 2010.

1. FGYT

FGYT New Member

oks where the best place to get a Steyr from in UK

and does any body do mix n match from the L110 bits or do you have to buy one and buy extras etc which could get expensive

ie id like a FT Take down but prefer a black stock and cylinder :eek:
    and is a shorter cylinder avalible or fit of another model ( i liked my old Anshutz with a Jnr alu cylinder )
    or can you get a cylinder cut down / custom made

finally if its a factory gun what needs to be done if anything to get it running at its best

ATB

Duncan

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    If you want service and backup you have to buy through an official dealer, rather than grey.

If it were me, i'd be thinking about Blackpool Air Rifles (airgunbuyer.com)... however since you've been on holiday, the VCR came into effect which means all new airgun sales have to be via an RFD and face to face.

Might be worth giving them a call, maybe they could link up with Lambert and Wilts in Ringwood... depends.

I don't think you can mix n match the bits from the factory, but Harry Preston, the importer, would be the man to ask... sorry, don't have his number.

I do know of someone very close by to us that might be selling one, but it depends if it's the model you're after... it's in very good nick though.

3. Darren

Darren New Member

Got mine from Blackpool Air Rifles. Ordered online and delivered to my local RFD next day.

4. FGYT

FGYT New Member

yes the Face to face thing is a pain but theres plenty of dealers round here

I suspect a mix n match factory job wont be possible

but a well priced second hand can be worked on and changed ie repainted or Anodized etc gues s the take down bit is the only show stopper that cant be easily retrofitted etc

ATB

Duncan

5. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

6. FGYT

FGYT New Member

hes just put it up on the board

but i would pretty much scrap all the extras and the paint job so seems a waste :rolleyes:

think im going to have to see if i can blag a go on one and have a propper look

ATB

Duncan

7. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Too late anyway, it's already gone

The extra's are all very useful for FT but if you didn't like them they would fetch £250-300 S/H