where to blur ?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by FUBAR, Nov 4, 2009.

1. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

hello , now i have herd talk of focusing scopes to make it easier to work out certan ranges . now the bug bear for me is those shity little ranges of 8yd 10 yd 13 yd . i zero at 25yrd and pa @25 if i blured at say 13 yrd would it still be clear at 45 yrd . . i know some slightly blur it at 45 to give them the range . im just at a loose end of what to do or the best way to do it .oh and i use an mtc 10x44 and would asume anyone using the same scope would know .

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  2. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Unfortunately it's something you have to work out for yourself as it differs for every scope, you just have to try & find the best compromise for your eyes & scope.

I personally was never happy with using the Blur to Rangefind as when my eyes get tired the blur would change distance

3. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

well this is it isnt it mate .. what if ya eyes are tired , how much of a blur is accurate . cause my zero is @25 i can see 15 yrd clear pretty much .. i think 13yd has a slight fuzz and 10 n 8 well there just a blured blob lol.

if someone could clear this up for me as well ...... minimum killzone ie 15mm how close can this be also how far can it be and while were on it what about 20mm ?

4. skires

skires Well-Known Member

The Course

Targets will be the normal knock over style that fall when hit, with hit zones ranging from 15-45mm. Hit Zones sizes, their distances & the maximum number of reduced hit zones are:

15-19mm hit zones 13-25y (maximum of 4 targets per course)
    20-24mm hit zones 8-30yds
    25-34mm hit zones 8-35yds (maximum of 6x 20-34mm hit zone targets per course)
    35-45mm hit zones 8-45yds

5. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

How many aim points can you fit inside a 20mm kill close up? I can just sneak inside top and bottom edge of a 20mm at either 8 or 10 yards and lets face it they're not the most difficult to range find. PX error is the biggest problem at this sort of distance I find.

Like Pete I try not to rely on something that can vary on whether or not I have my glasses on before a shoot or not!;)

Ryan

6. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    don't get hung up about whether it's 8, 9 or 10y - just make sure you have 1 aimpoint that covers them.

You don't have to hit the kill in the middle to get a 2;)

As long as you can define the kill it's workable.

7. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

And how on earth is that supposed to help him, he does know the rules by the way :(

8. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

He sort of did ask Pete :p:p:p

9. Ste Hughes

Ste Hughes Daystate's whipping boy

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT & ARC
    i used to hate those little ones as well :D

now i just set it up so upto 16 yards is blurred - the larger ranges are nice and clear on 9x

if its 15mm and blurred its my cross hair (Sr6 ret)

if its clear its my top dot

for over 40 yards i just give it my 43 yard mark knowing it will fall inside the kill

and 20mm is big enough to get all my marks from 8-12 in so they aren't a problem

25mm - if its between 20 yards and 35 one aimpoint will work again as well

with a bit of thought you can make range finding much stressful :D

10. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Very True, missed his second post :eek::D