Whats new and improved this last 10yrs

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by FGYT, Jun 1, 2010.

1. FGYT

FGYT New Member

Well ive been of the boil on Kit n guns for a long time
    so whats the top stuff in Rifles and scopes these days
    I used to shoot a Dave welham Anshutz 2002 alu with a deben 10-50 side wheel scope and had used it for FT HFT and hunting (fitted silencer and a jnr Alu Cylinder)

still ahve the scope on a first batch AA S200 .177 which is just as accurate but over a limited 20shots in its curve

Dave was just starting to play with the Styer rifles and the Walther was about to

i liked the cleaner look of the Styer Alu stock but never tryed one

scopes where getting bigger and more of em

I see S&B have released one which should be very good quality
    and lots of 10-50s from other places etc

ATB

Duncan

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Hmm... well, i think probably not too much since that by the sounds of it... the deben will still cut the mustard, as will the anny...

A few scopes have come and gone, leupolds seem less prevailent in terms of 20-50's than i remember from my first regionals about 5 years ago... leup competitions and nikkos seem to be taking up the vacuum. Yep, there's been a long wait for the s&b, and another kid on the block the March has arrived... both seem to be showing similar traits ;)

Reckon a lot of the gremlins are known about and sortable on the guns, so it's more a case of what suits you rather than what's best. The days of varying walthers seem to be over, and they're quite sought after, especially now they've halted production of the LG300 Dominator.

GP's are usually almost or are full to capacity, as is the Euro's the Classic etc.

CSFTA FT has taken a bit of a knock, nothing really in common, just a few names that aren't around for a variety of reasons... but it seems a few could be creeping out of the woodwork.

It's all good and healthy, and the standard of shooting is pretty high, and it seems people are quickly picking up the curve...

All good.

Probably a bit less of a shock than my break, which left it when people were wondering if high mag redfield scopes were shootable, GC2's were just about, and 77's were all the rage...

3. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

Club:
    CTC
    I own a Steyr it's an excellent weapon that I recommend without restrictions but if you don t use gloves should try one with cold weather because the stock can became quite cold.

The good part is that you can store it in a very small case.

4. FGYT

FGYT New Member

Oh thanks for that :rolleyes: now ive seen the 8-80 mag March X :shot:

ATB

Duncan