What's needed to convert Steyr LG110 to 16J?

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by AirArmsDavid, Dec 6, 2010.

1. AirArmsDavid

AirArmsDavid Member

Club:
    Kibworth
    :)

If you take a standard 7.5J LG110 10m Match rifle, what would be needed to convert to 16J or 12 ft lbs?
    I understand there are some internal parts which would need changing, and the barrel is different?
    Any more info on these items and how to go about the alterations myself?
    I have a spare .177 Barley Twist barrel from my LG100 which I'm guessing would be a straight swap if the standard 10m barrel isn't up to HFT ranges.

Many thanks for any info!

David

:)

2. wiseguy

wiseguy Active Member

Club:
    DFTA
    I converted a LG110Match a while ago to 12fpe. It was a 2009 model which already had the new hammer, but no external V0. In fact it was just another spring and V0 screw. Perhaps it can also be done with the standard non-external V0 screw, but the new spring is a bit longer so might be difficult.
    If it has an old hammer it might only be the hammer spring. On the Match and FT version, both reg's are at 85 bar, so no changes required.
    If you have a 7.5J match with a golden transfer port, just swap it for a black one.
    Other combinations I didn't see until now.
    The shown LG110 is my gun, used if I need to travel to Germany for 7.5J class FT, it has the F symbol, so no hassle, changed back to 7.5J in 10 minutes :)
    regards,
    Rob

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  3. AirArmsDavid

AirArmsDavid Member

Club:
    Kibworth
    The one I'm looking at has an external adjuster so it sounds like a simple swap of spring and screw?

What price are these parts, can you recall?

Thanks.

4. wiseguy

wiseguy Active Member

Club:
    DFTA
    If the Match version already has an external V0 screw, you might try turning it clockwise to increase the power. If it doesn't go beyond 10J you need another spring, which is about 10 Euro.
    In the picture the 7.5J spring is the top one, the 16J is the lower one.
    If you add the ball bearing behind the spring you can go even higher, but it will start waisting air.
    In that case replace the reg for a 115bar version and you can go up to >24J in .177, change barrel for .22 and you have a 40J.....
    Steyr MPA, Multi Purpose Airgun :)
    regards,
    Rob