Whats going on tampering with PCPs to up power

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Thumbhole, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Thumbhole

Thumbhole Banned

We all need to be aware that there is a case going on at the moment that might have implications for one and all of us. :eek: Dont know full in and outs, but seems a pcp was seized and submitted, to a strip down parts removed very ham fisted, to put said rifle in to fac power, then the owner charged for owning an over powered rifle. :( Does any one know any more. :confused: If this is true could mean all pcps would need some form of licensing to cover against this. :(

2. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    So what makes you think it so only pcp's after all you rekon the police are entitled to modify them, i recon if you get any piece of tube dismantle a few fireworks or attatch the tube to some form of compressed gas away you go you have a monstor to unleash and a jail sentance to boot as i have said before if you own or have acccess to a motor vehicle should you be arrested just in case you may drink and drive it IS the same differance.

3. Thumbhole

Thumbhole Banned

Does not make me think anything steve, only letting people know whats going on on other forums. :eek: thought some one else might shed light on it. Was mentioned on another forum the police took parts out to up the power only mentioned it because they could do that to mine yours the next guy etc etc. Yes cars can injure and kill not what i was getting at :mad: Never mind :D:D

4. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    I was not having a go just saying that will be the thin end of the wedge it will not only be PCPs don't know if you have evre had a springer but everyone i havft pounds e ever had has crept up in power and it is only a few years ago that one of the easiest rifle to get up ot siily powers werw sprig guns.