Whats a "true" Mildot? & Moldot measuring/zero charts

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by rubi-tong, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Andy006

Andy006 Member

Anybody want to buy some spare mildots? I have some for sale. They are all "true" Mildots too.:)

ps, Brian is pretty darn good isn't he? I have learnt a lot from talking to him and watching him shoot HFT.

Merry xmas.

2. George Rounce 1

George Rounce 1 Hello!!!!

Is the mtc viper 10x44 classed as true mil???

3. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

All i would like is a bracketing chart or a cheat card then i am done??

LAity

4. rogb

rogb Member

Brian has produced a superb mil dot checking chart. You stick it out at 15 yards, put your scope mag on true mildot and then you can see if it really is. If you have a fixed mag and it is out, tough. With a variable mag you can set it to be spot on.

Of course you must print exactly to scale ie 150mm printed = 150mm:D

5. simmmo

simmmo New Member

I now know why I don't use mildots, they are so confusing.

6. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Doncaster Airgun Range
    It's just a ruler without the numbers ;)

7. MattF

MattF New Member

Club:
    Chesterfield HFT Club
    To answer your question George my son uses a Viper and its the same aim points as my EB Sniper which is a true mildot exept the Viper has got half dot aim points as well which helps him I hope that helps

Matt

8. Brian.Samson

Club:
    Doncaster Airgun Range
    I've had a few good suggestions come in for improvements for the zeroing targets so there's an updated version of them available on the anston website www.anstonftc.co.uk/targets now.

• Short range targets now have red practice killzones for even more contrast, when printed in b/w the killzones are almost black so you can see them easier in a blurred scope.
    • All the practice killzones have a 15mm innner bullseye now for those that like to be super accurate
    • I've increased the number of ranges available - there's a target for every yard upto 20 yards etc. To get the extra targets you need to click 'More' next to the target download button on the website.
    • There's an extra page at the end of the PDF file explaining how to use the targets

There's also a cheeky request to click on a google ad on the Anston site if you find the targets useful - hope it's not too cheeky, the few pence I get for each click helps to fund the hosting and bandwidth costs of the site.

If anyone has any other suggestions for improvements, please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Would anyone like them in metres as well as yards for example?

9. Brian.Samson

Club:
    Doncaster Airgun Range
    I've updated the targets again - you can download them in metres now.

I noticed that quite a few referrals to the target downloads page are coming from Europe and South Africa - it's nice to see HFT taking off around the world, so I thought our International friends might prefer metres instead of yards.

10. Makalu

Makalu New Member

Club:
    Dowry Hill
  11. Tecni10

Tecni10 New Member

Club:
    Avon Hawks
    mils

Hi,

For practical purposes I, like others, understand the Mils system to be the dimension of an object at a set distance. This is in fact 1:1000 so a 1 metre object viewed at 1000 metres will span the distance between two mil dots or mil lines in your scope reticle. (Also 1 yard at 1000 yards)
    In field target terms 50mm target at 50 metres etc. Probably most useful would be a 40mm kill zone will exactly span the distance between two Mil dots at 40 metres
    For most scopes this will only be true at one specified magnification (the manufacturer will normally include this info) and you will need to keep your sight at this mag to use mils effectively.
    If you purchase what is known as a First Focal Plane scope then the scale you see in the reticle changes with the zoom and will always indicate the correct mils relationship in your scope at any mag.

Tone likes this.
  12. Suffolk Rifle

Suffolk Rifle Member

Club:
    Iceni
    I know that the post is an old one, but just tried to download, but getting 'Error 504 - Internal Error'

13. Brian.Samson

Club:
    Doncaster Airgun Range
    There's a copy of the useful HFT distances here : > CLICK <

14. Suffolk Rifle

Suffolk Rifle Member

Club:
    Iceni