What ?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by holly, Aug 24, 2011.

1. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    What do you reckon an origional box of die two prems is worth ? heard some stories of very high prices paid on the flea bay ??? HOLLY:):D

2. Jon

Jon Member

£10 try it.

There were die 2's and there were die 2's, more important was the actual batch.
    Even had die 2, opened the box and 10.6gr heavies were inside twice in 2 yrs.

3. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    And if you sell them for £10, you can give it to me as my winnings.

4. C.Eaton

C.Eaton Confirmed Anschutz Nut...

Club:
    Springfield / TEGC
    Not enough for you to safely retire; you need a steady income to pay Ahmet for his breakfasts remember :rolleyes:

5. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Don't

Don't worry about a thing , i am counting out the pennies as we speak . one , two , three . ( yawn ) four , five . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ??? HOLLY:):D

6. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Money

£10 ? you have gotta be joking . these are the ORIGIONAL batch . i have seen some on e-bay for £ 50 to £60 a box . the groups from these olduns are nothing short of sensational . why even colin could hit a target or two with these . £ 10 a box , PfffffffT ??? HOLLY

7. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Tax

colin . you just keep paying your taxes and i will be able to retire on your sweat ??? HOLLY:D

8. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Bugger, i dont think i will get much as Holly cant get past 45!!!

9. C.Eaton

Club:
    Springfield / TEGC
    I'm afraid that just when you're due to retire they'll up the age again... :D

10. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    To Late mate ?

To late col . i should have retired almost three years ago . but no flog house to move out , so on we go till we drop ??? HOLLY:):D

11. C.Eaton

Club:
    Springfield / TEGC
    Partition up the house, move in 10 families, retire to the burger van and live off the rents. sorted.

12. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Measly ?

A measly bid of two hundred and 50 thou and i am off to the isle of wight ??? HOLLY:):D

13. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Four ?

I now have four boxes of the origional die 2 prems . which if nothing else i can wave under dodgy john choppins nose as his have almost gone ( snigger , snigger ) BUT will they live up to the hype ? or will they die on the zero range . this we will find out next saturday . oh yes ??? HOLLY:):D

14. C.Eaton

Club:
    Springfield / TEGC
    The best ones were the original ones in the red plastic packs given out free at one of the World's I managed to bag about 6 boxes which lasted a while through my NJR. :D

15. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Respect .

With respect colin , you liked em cos they was free ??? HOLLY:):D

16. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Interest ?

For those with an interest in how these old pellets shoot . the answer is very well indeed . easily as good as anything i have tried ??? HOLLY

17. Jamesy

Jamesy Weerach ninja

Club:
    Pontefract ARC.
    I went back onto Prem's shortly after buying my Steyr years ago, it was Tim finley who suggested i give them a go in the Steyr as he used them in his and seeing as i had a box lying around the house i tried them, they were an improvement on the JSB's i was using...although i did have to go through the usual rigmarole of Premier pellet preparation, but i think it's worth the hassle.
    Anyway's, i tried them in the HW97K when i got that and they performed well in that too. I forget what batch that first box was but then bought a "Few" boxes of Die #7's dated 17/10/2006 these have been very good. A couple of years ago a mate was selling up and i bought two boxes of the Die #2's off him these were dated July 29 1995, i have to say i found them no better in my gun than the newer Die #7's i have, and if anything put more into the reject tin after putting them through the sizer that i use than the newer pellets.
    I know it's not exactly scientific, and in no way could be used as a guide to whether the old Die #2's are better or worse, but in my gun, i certainly wouldn't pay over the odds for a box.
    I did hear that there was a rogue batch of 2006 Die #7's dated Dec 4th that were to be avoided, but i guess that there won't be many of those lying on gunshop shelves anymore.;):)
    P.S
    I'm down to my last box and a half of the Die #7's, now at my current rate of shooting they might last until this time next year, but when i do buy some more i'll let you know how they perform.:)

18. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Dies ?

I have tried just about all the dies ,including the new ones .the only other die apart from die two that i found good was die five . i only got one box of those and after that none . the new ones are so tight in the barrel that they lose 30 fps over the old ones and the accuracy is dismal . to get the best from em you need to get an early box of die two's . the hard bit with my 4 boxes is to stop myself from using em will nilly . i shoot not to win , but to enjoy myself . so i want to shoot as much as pos . ah well , it is a tough life ??? HOLLY:):D

19. Jamesy

Jamesy Weerach ninja

Club:
    Pontefract ARC.
    They are tight in my barrels too, perhaps my sizing them down is making them more suited to my guns..:confused: whatever it is, they are certainly accurate in mine.:)

20. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Robb

Yes i have one of robbs old sizers . which i have been using for decoration . perhaps it is time to give it some use ??? HOLLY:)