What would you do?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by SDplinker, Apr 15, 2013.

1. SDplinker

SDplinker Pellet testing...yawn

Club:
    CASA - California Airgun Shooters Association
    I'm the king of agonizing and having buyers (and sellers!) remorse

Just picked up a mint FWB P70 FT for a great price. Problem is it shoots about 16-17 ft lbs. Need to have the reg/power sorted which costs some money - I've been told of ways to do it myself but I've also heard not to. Then sorting a mount so I can put the scope on the barrel only - also costs more money

So....spend it on the FWB?

Sell FWB and get an EV2 2nd hand?

Sell FWB and get a ProTarget or RN10 2nd hand?

Sell FWB and wait for FTP900 wonder gun?

Or ???

I really really want a good reliable gun for WFTF field target. The FWB may be it but I was hoping not to have to send it to a tuner. I can only afford one rifle.

I did not include Steyr because at least here in the states getting one dialed in seems to cost $$$$. The ones that are sorted cost $$$$. I know personally of a guy that had to rebarrel his brand new rifle. Didn't include Walther because you simply can't find them being shot over here and I'd prefer 2nd hand to save money.

Is there an option I'm missing??

Thanks,
    Casey

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  2. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    We have a RAW TM1000 in the club and it's been exceptional from straight out of the box.

There's not many about over here in the UK but from what I have seen with James Mc's gun they are every bit on par with a sorted EV, LG or anything else.

3. maestro

maestro Member

Club:
    Harriers
    Best thing you can do is to donate that FWB to me :D

4. Shaun

Shaun Active Member

Club:
    Harriers
    Hi Casey,

the attached list is the equipment used by GP shooters 2012.

As you can see the EV2 is very popular.

Shaun

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  5. SDplinker

Club:
    Sold the P70 FT

made a tidy profit. Looking for a 2nd hand EV2 (wish I could get one from the UK - they are for sale daily) or may just wait for FTP900...assuming it makes it to the USA before the end of this year!

-Casey

6. dia6olo

dia6olo Member

I was waiting for the FTP900 myself but I expect they may be a while off yet and then there's the do I wait to see what others make of it first before taking the plunge :shot:

I may still get one eventually but decided not to wait and ordered a TM1000 :D

If you google the TM1000, owners are speaking very highly about them, built like a tank and supposedly very easy to work on too :)

7. SDplinker

Club:
    Only waiting because there are some possible improvements in the works for the TM1000 at 12 ft lbs. It's killing me to be patient! Might have to pick up a plinker to satisfy me until I decide.

8. dia6olo

dia6olo Member

Ah yes the patience game, been there :)
    It always seems to take for ever and when you finally get there there's something else just around the corner :eek:o