What scope?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by rubi-tong, Dec 6, 2009.

1. rubi-tong

rubi-tong Bernies MY *****

If you had a budget of £200, £250 at a push, what scope would you recommend to look through? It's sole purpose would be for HFT nothing more nothing less.
    Not bothered if it's 30mm tubed or not or front PX or side.
    Any thought's.
    Regards, Mark

2. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

S/H EB Sniper 10x42 :D your not going to get better for that money;)

3. raygun

raygun Non member

Just a thought but the only one who knows what they see through a scope is you.

I've tried quite a few different scopes but my right eye is a bit knackered. I've found the best scope so far is the little Leup 3 - 9 x 3 EFR because it gives me the brightness I need.

Accept the recommendations you get but don't buy until you've at least looked through them.

ATB
    Ray.

4. rubi-tong

Quick update, I've just been offered a second chance offer on a brand new Falcon Menace 4-14x44 FFP with either the ML16 reticle or the Enhanced Mildot (my choice). I would like to shoot on around 8 or 9 mag to help a little with DOF, a mate has one and i have looked through it and find it good. It's been offered for £159.99 posted and brand new (Ebay) from a guy in Wolverhampton. What reticle is the best? they both have half mildot lines but the ML16 is all lines but the EMR is mildots and half lines.

YES or NO?

ML16 or EMR?

Regards, Mark

5. Andy006

Andy006 Member

Mark, if you can get a menace 4-14x44 for £159, go for it. Bargain.:cool: Enhanced mildot for me.:);)

6. rubi-tong

I bid on it but got out bid, then the winning bidder was unable to pay for what ever reason. I got a Second chance offer through for my bid price £159.99 buy it now.