what scope?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by shootsy10, Nov 19, 2014.

1. shootsy10

shootsy10 Member

Club:
    redfearns
    Hi all
    After a few years off not shooting i decided to get back into it.ive bought a steyr today but ive yet to buy a scope,is there any advice on what to buy?ive a budget off 800 and its for ft!

Many thanks

2. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Scope

A secondhand twenty fifty leupold . around the £ 800 mark . good but takes a while to learn . a good secondhand MK 111 Big Nikko with all the bits £ 500 ish . a secondhand sightron £ 800 ( but heavier than the Nikko ) having said that the steyr is a light rifle , so weight might be a good thing . ??? HOLLY

PS have a look a warren edwards wood work for the steyr . remember it is a ten meter rifle and not very comfy as is . i got a good set for a £ 100 secondhand .

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  3. shootsy10

shootsy10 Member

Club:
    redfearns
    PS have a look a warren edwards wood work for the steyr . remember it is a ten meter rifle and not very comfy as is . i got a good set for a £ 100 secondhand .[/QUOTE]

Any pics holly?

4. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Personally after owning many, my choice would be the Sightron...and will be for next years winter league.

The Leups are good but take time to learn , the big Nikko is very popular but there's good and bad around.

You need to get your arse along to Emley...:)...i've 2 different styles of woodwork and my Steyr's..ones standard but the older wood and one set is Paul wilson. I've also got a spare standard woodwork set somewhere and also an ally hamster.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  5. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    PM

Any pics holly?[/QUOTE]

If you PM me your e-mail i will send some pics . chris c is one of the good guy's . have a look at his stuff and try holding it . you will notice the difference straight away . cheers HOLLY