UKAHFT What scope for HFT

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by miketowler, Mar 19, 2019.

1. miketowler

miketowler Active Member

Club:
    Nomads, furnace mill
    What scope are you guys using for hft, first / second focal ect, any info appreciated

2. subaru swift

subaru swift I don't have a solution, I just love the problem.

Club:
    Kingsley HFT & Furnace mill.
    Eek that's a hard question to answer, as our eyes & that are all different.
    For me I use delta optical titanium 4.5-14x44 ao FFP hft scopes on my HFT rigs. The ret can be a bit fine or you might lose it for a sec in dark areas.
    On my springers I use Hawke scope, or sureshot discovery scopes.

3. C.Eaton

C.Eaton Confirmed Anschutz Nut...

Club:
    Springfield / TEGC
    Can't recommend the MTC Connect scopes enough, though you do need to look through a selection to pick out the best one for you.
    Fantastic wide field of view with massive focus and useful aim points though only for PCP use unless you fancy a black eye with a springer.

Fly fisher likes this.
  4. Mr. C

Mr. C New Member

Club:
    Swallows Field Target Club
    MTC Connect 3-12x32 SCB ret @8x, was concerned about using one with specs but it's not a problem.

Peter Trimmer likes this.
  5. Where's Molly

Where's Molly Active Member

Club:
    M.A.D
    For me it's optisan Evx ....used a MTC viper for years loved the scb ret....this has a similar ret and better optics. The current HFT world champion....ukahft champion Masters champion and god knows what else he's won last year, uses an Optisan scope....

6. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Member

Club:
    MAD & Cambridge
    I use an Optisan EVE 3-12x44 with the MH10 reticle and I really like it. Nice, clear optics and quality that compares very well to much more expensive scopes.

Can't see the point of First Focal Plane scopes for HFT, as we don't adjust the magnification. Plus, as suburu_swift says, the reticle can be very fine - because it is made for use at the scope's highest magnification. Handy for hunting, though.

MickyFinn likes this.
  7. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    Sage advice from alll the above! Best thing you can do is get to a club or better still a couple of HFT shoots and look whats being used/ask to have a peep through a few. What suits some eyes might not suit anothers!

Oh and Leupold/ March/Nightforce are all superb if you have crap eyesight & nothing else to spend your money on! :p

C.Eaton likes this.
  8. miketowler

miketowler Active Member

Club:
    Nomads, furnace mill
    Problem going to hft shoots you don’t really see what others have got bar for the 1 or2 your shooting with, but I’m very interested in all the answers and very great full

9. RichNeo

RichNeo Member

I use Optisan EVX 10x44i SFP fixed x10 zoom.
    Does the job for me.
    I wouldn't buy a scope for HFT purely because its FFP as you cant change the zoom after your first shot and that is the only advantage of FFP vs SFP

10. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    You need to get there to a shoot early & get onto the zero range then ask questions! Relatively near to you is Nomads (Worcester) & Furnace Mill (Bewdley) where theres both a good bunch of lads and a wealth of information to be tapped. ;)

C.Eaton likes this.
  11. miketowler

miketowler Active Member

Club:
    Nomads, furnace mill
    Thanks Micky, I’m a member at both them and shooting the fm rose bowl this Sunday

MickyFinn likes this.
  12. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    Did you go on Sunday for the last Daystate Midlands round....? Huge range of knowledge & kit there to ask about or look through.

13. miketowler

miketowler Active Member

Club:
    Nomads, furnace mill
    No had to cancel, my name was down but I was bunged up with flu and told in no uncertain terms that I came home any worse she would not look after me:(

MickyFinn likes this.
  14. subaru swift

subaru swift I don't have a solution, I just love the problem.

Club:
    Kingsley HFT & Furnace mill.
    I'll should be at that one, not been there for a few months now due to an injury. However, if you're there you're more than welcome to look through the delta scope of mine.

Kenny

15. nick2

nick2 Active Member

Club:
    Lincs HFT
    [QUOTE=" only for PCP use unless you fancy a black eye with a springer.[/QUOTE]
    I saw 2 springers using them on Sunday at the last round of the DMHS at Nomads. ;)

Attached Files:

Marky Scott likes this.
  16. Beefy

Beefy Member

Club:
    Furnace Mill
    Mike I will be at furnace mill on Sunday, bringing my ev2 with an swfa ss 10x42 on top, which is an ideal hft spec for me. You're welcome to have a good look at and through it if you want. Just look for an air arms ev2 with a black alloy hamster on it that is attached to a big fat bugger

subaru swift likes this.
  17. wayne timmins

wayne timmins New Member

Went to the British Shooting Show recently to have a look at a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16x44 FFP, bought one while I was there. It is an amazing scope for the money, glass is spot on(it's not £2000.00 scope good, but still good). PX only goes down to 20yds, but I normally set mine to 25-30y anyway. I like the Reticle, and so far I've had no problems with it around an HFT course.

18. C.Eaton

Club:
    Springfield / TEGC
    I saw 2 springers using them on Sunday at the last round of the DMHS at Nomads. ;)[/QUOTE]

I guess you can just about get away with a tuned springer but you’re still courting disaster having your eye socket that close to a recoiling rifle...;)

19. biwain

biwain Tree bark and paint chipper Champion

Club:
    Newbury
    Nah, it just takes the skin off the side of your nose.

Lots of blood though!!!!

MickyFinn likes this.
  20. C.Eaton

Club:
    Springfield / TEGC
    I have a Theoben Sirocco which used to have a vicious kick. Whenever people tried it I'd always warn them not to get too close to the eye-piece, a few have ignored that advice but only the once...;)

MickyFinn likes this.