What power

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Frosty, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Frosty

Frosty New Member

Hi i know from reading on here that ox springs are non gratis..but i got one for my webley eclipse and as most of you on here would agree it seems to be one size fits all..the spring was about 2" longer than the original spring and when fitted made the rifle uncockable...i used a grinder and cut the spring down to the same length as the one i took out and it seems to be ok BUT the rifle is chrono'ing at 11.8/11.9...this seems a bit close to 12 for me. As i have only put about 50 pellets through the gun since are the figures likely to go up or down as the spring beds in???...I would rather it about 11.4 to be safe:) :confused: Oh the only reason i looked at doing this was because it was only manageing 8.2 and was hopeless.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  2. Jamesy

Jamesy Weerach ninja

Club:
    Pontefract ARC.
    I have heard of too many HW's that have had serious problems after square sectioned springs have been fitted, my own HW77K had one when i got it and the barrel had come loose which i welded back into position. I wouldn't fit one to any gun.
    The power could go either way, but up is more likely than down, if you're going to leave the spring in i'd cut another coil off it atleast. The Eclipse has an ally compression tube doesn't it? No way would i leave that spring in there.:)

3. Frosty

Frosty New Member

Cheers for that ,i think you could be right. I think i will look to get another spring rather than cut this one down again.Any suggestions for a good spring manufacturer?:confused: