NEFTA What is 'Lincs' ?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by cocksure, May 28, 2018.

1. cocksure

cocksure Weihrauch flasher mac....

When I tell N.E.F.T.A shooters what club I'm with, they often reply " What's Lincs?"....so I'm gonna tell ya' ! :D

You arrive at the club,( spend a minute reversing as you've missed the gate) and park. Parking is well managed and can take loads.
    If it is your first visit you will be spotted and greeted by the most welcoming club host on the circuit, Mr Nick Yates, who will settle you in and direct you to the money tray, sorry, club house to sign in. Easy! :cool:

Time to introduce a couple of main players...there are many but these lot like the attention....
    Mr Nick Yates one time Veteran UKWHFT Champion and geniunely nice guy.
    Mr Mark ( is it one whistle? ) Carter, nice guy, loves a wrestle.
    Mr Steve ( goldy looking chain) Elkington, awards master of cerermony!!!:p

And now you're signed lets look at a course...these guys are known for that extra effort and are host to some biggies like Daystate.....facing the course you have a row of hedges directly running North with open WINDY fields due East and more hedges etc dueWest.
    AN EXAMPLE COURSE. ( from memory only so please correct where needed )

Shot one 30yrd 25mil kneeler with high wall on left opening out to unreadable wind near target, basturd!! Target up about 12 ft......

Shot two 40yrd 35mil uphill IN THE DARK with hedging each side for tunnel effect...nice!

Shot three 15-17yrd 20 mil slight uphill , at first glance the splatter looks like a 40mil, but no..in the dark so goodbye aimpoints!!!!:p

Shot four 35 mil 35 yrd Up-UP on a pole with fencing in-between peg and target, shoot through the gap, bright
    glaring sun...all summer!!

Shot five 25mil 25yrd supported either...
    Shot six 30 mil 35-40yrd in distant hedge...head height

Shot seven 15 yrd 15 mil ground level, get the wind wrong and you miss...simple innit!!!

Shot eight 40yrd 25mil hidden in trees HARD SHOT!!! :mad:

Shot nine 42yrd 35mil lollipop HIGH on top of scaffold pole uphill...I know, it's doughnut time..ask Nick :D:D:D

Shot ten 15-20yrd 15mil reducer up in tree into darkness..good bye aim points:rolleyes:

Shot eleven 35-40 yrd in the grass directly uphill..

Shot twelve 35yrd 35mil into VORTEX of windy bushes, uphill diagonally...

Shot thirteen 30yrd 30mil through tubular metal spring...I swear!:confused:

Shot fourteen 30yrd 35mil freehand uphill stander....pah.

Shot fifteen 45yrd 35mil uphill into windy corner...

Shot sixteen..now lay down, lower..there it is..20yrd 20mil into bushes in darkness o_O

Shot seventeen 9yrd 20mil into bush

Shot eighteen 30yrd 25mil kind of supported stander...into bushy tunnel.

Shot nineteen...lay down,low,no lower,there it is at the back in the bushes..33yrd 30mil..easy!!:mad:

Shot twenty 30 mil at 37yrd into thick bushes head height....meh.

Shot twentyone MONKEY 35mil 33yrd up in a bush, clear line of sight over bush tops....easy as..;)

Shot Twenty two 15yrd 15mil reducer up on 8ft branching slight uphill...you're out into the fields now proper..GOOD LUCK!:p

Shot twentythree 35yrd 30mil directly up into massive tree hidden behind crux of huge branch, you can see it's head..honest!

Shot twentyfour 40yrd 40mil across grassland, through fence into another field. Light to dark to unfettered wind, no prob it's massive!:oops:

Shot twentyfive MICKY!! 43Yrd across grass pegged onto fenceline, oh Micky your so fine some poor fecker misses every time!!!;)

Shot twentysix 35yrd 35mil on pole no obstructions...

Shot twentyseven supported 25yrd 25mil stand elevated head height.

Shot twenty eight 37yrd 30 mil tiny birdy,on 8ft pole in wind...ha!:D

Shot twenty nine supported 27yrd 25mil on pole, either.

And...
    Shot thirty 40yrd 35 mil clear on fence line...string blowing over there somewhere!!!:confused:

So...that is 'Lincs HFT ' and they have a NEFTA round this year,brother bring your A game 'cause it's a whole new world of pain, most exellent!!!:D:D:D

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  2. nick2

nick2 Active Member

Club:
    Lincs HFT
    Thanks for the entertaing write up Tom.
    You only got 10 of the kill sizes wrong :)
    The Nefta round will be more difficult for us to set out as we have to find enough flat ground for your stander/kneeler chums.

3. airborn68

airborn68 Member

Club:
    Ponte & Hull & District Ft (secretary)
    Take it from a stander/kneel'er no flat ground required, just make the pegs 3ft high so we can also cling onto them :rolleyes:

Jon

nick2, MickyFinn and cocksure like this.
  4. cocksure

Thanks Nick, I tried my best from memory, no notes or such...I only know some of the ranges by judging how low/high I missed by!!! :rolleyes:

nick2 likes this.
  5. cocksure

You'll love it Jon...that's why I tried so hard to get you and Keith to go mate.
    Don't worry about the positions...you may have to use both knees in a 'knight me' posture:D....however young Julie uses the 'reverse kneel' technique against gravity with some success!!

6. nick2

nick2 Active Member

Club:
    Lincs HFT
    Jon says " no flat ground required"
    Thats in our little black book Jon :)

airborn68 and cocksure like this.
  7. Broc968

Broc968 Active Member

Club:
    anston shooting club
    Shot there Saturday it's not just ground and wind you got to watch out targets in dark bushes

john79 likes this.
  8. john79

john79 JEDI

Think yourself lucky the wheelbarrow of doom wasn't put out :eek:

9. cocksure

John, you should see some of the expressions on the NEFTA lads faces whilst I'm describing 'a swing up in the air..with a target on it....'o_O
    And you're right about the wheelbarrow, I heard Mick Fern wheely likes that one...:D
    Great shooting for 55 Sunday by the way, very well done!

john79 likes this.
  10. bow

bow Active Member

Lincs hate the place. Terrible people Nick the terrible. Steve the too easy Elkington. Mark the put it higher back breaker. There all in competition to out do each other on setting the worst coarse possible. Then they go round and criticize each others set up then decide to make it harder.
    Ya Mark dig a slope into that stander.
    Ok.but make sure that pipes got a bend in it steve.
    But Steve that 15ml to close put it out to 46 yrs.but make it look as though it's 35yd.
    APart from that joes grubs great. The other lads there are brill.
    We've all shot the Emley extreme. Well heres the extreme of extremes even set to ukhft rules.
    They'll still have you over. marksteveNick. Hate them all.

11. SimonBattye

SimonBattye Member

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Love shooting Lincs competitions, the amount of thought and work that goes into the course setting shows , they really are challenging and if you haven’t been yet you owe it to yourself to visit one of the friendliest HFT clubs out there, but be prepared to smile as you are handed your @rse in a sling. :D

nick2, rob bates, john79 and 2 others like this.
  12. frank

frank Reactive Member

Club:
    lincs hft
    Bit harsh Glen!, You must understand the course setters have signed a pact with the devil and must commit ritual suicide if the course is cleared, so the pressure is on,
    Visitors have it easy, those of us that shoot here all the time have our own therapists and after Sundays beating from both John,(well done mate top shooting) and the course I definitely need counselling .

bow and john79 like this.
  13. Ghengis57

Ghengis57 Member

Club:
    Heckington HFT
    Lincs always set some of the toughest courses, always love the challenge

cocksure likes this.
  14. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    I've shot that Fuc*ing wheel barrow twice in the last 4 years :rolleyes:!

Mcdemon, DEAN C., Peter M and 5 others like this.
  15. cocksure

They had to push it back with a flat tyre after your last effort Mick!!!
    :D:D:D

Peter M and john79 like this.
  16. bow

bow Active Member

Love the place and the the people.
    Yes. that includes nick Mark and Steve.

nick2 likes this.
  17. frank

frank Reactive Member

Club:
    lincs hft
    Yes Glen, Thought you would change tack once you knew witchcraft was involved:D

bow likes this.
  18. Ghengis57

Ghengis57 Member

Club:
    Heckington HFT
    I've never shot the barrow but did take a chunk out of the patio set once

19. nick2

nick2 Active Member

Club:
    Lincs HFT
    Steady on guys :),we are going to be shackled a bit with the NEFTA format. Above the hedgeline is out, as the slope is too risky for the stander/ kneelers, the trees up there will be out too. No prone onlys, so the tunnels are out. Only 15 lanes, we're going to have our work cut out to keep you on your toes.
    So all in all it should be a piece of p!$$.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    MickyFinn and bow like this.
  20. cocksure

NEFTA has some of the best HFT shooters in the country , one of our guys came second in the Worlds and that's WITH a doughnut!
    They are now affiliated with UKAHFT format/rules, so you do what you do-and the NEFTA HFT lot will do what they do- ie KICK ASS!! They love tree shots..see Anston, Emley, Redfearns...even Guiseley :)
    ( Anston has more ladders than targets!!) :)
    Dean Corfield has won a Lincs round, Kieran Turner,Simon Battye also won...and er, ME!!!
    Roy Ironmonger, Liam Todd, Squire Walsh Lanky Mark..all in the 50's at Lincs...and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Martin Allsop hammer you in a shoot off after beating you on your own course?
    :cool::cool::cool:
    I'm loyal to Lincs as our club...but NEFTA HFT is the best shooting fraternity on earth!!

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    chrisc and nick2 like this.