What have I done now!

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Flannelmeister, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Flannelmeister

Flannelmeister New Member

Oops.

Have a new to me old HW80 that has only just been home-tuned and hasn't had near enough pellets through it.

It has pronounced barrel droop - not because it is bent but because the pivot hole in the breech/barrel block appears to have been drilled in slightly the wrong place from new. This means I am having to try an adjustable mount as there isn't enough adjustment on the scope turret and I have no idea if the mount will stand up to springer use.

Plus, I haven't seriously shot a springer in years.

I have only ever had one go at HFT, at the inaugural HFT shoot at Glevum, and that was with a PCP.

Now I have allowed myself to be talked into entering the springer class at the UKAHFT round at Quarry.

Looks like all the makings of a disaster, should be a good laugh though! :D:D:D

2. raygun

raygun Non member

No disaster, but the makings of a great day out shooting.

The only thing that matters is that you enjoy yourself :)

ATB
    Ray.

3. Photoguy2910

Photoguy2910 Member

Thanks for that... now I fancy getting one of my springers out again, think they might need a wee tune up and clean first though

4. Flannelmeister

Well, all in all pretty disastrous, but a lot of fun!

At least I hit all the standers, including the unsupported one up in the air. :D

Lying down, however, I couldn't hit a cows ass with a banjo. A lot of the time just couldn't get a position on target without the butt pad touching the floor causing the gun to bounce all ways taking the shot.

At least I learned a couple of things. If I am going to be masochistic enough to use a springer then I either need to get somebody who knows what they are doing to tune it or buy a better one.

Either way, I definitely need a better stock with at least butt pad and cheek piece adjustment.

Thoroughly enjoyed it out of all proportion to my useless score of 27 though.

5. Photoguy2910

Photoguy2910 Member

There is always the other option... take them all standing ;)

6. Flannelmeister

I'm not THAT masochistic! :D