What got you into shooting

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by FUBAR, Apr 18, 2009.

?

WHAT GOT YOU INTO SHOOTING

This poll will close on Jun 17, 2028 at 8:49 PM.
  1. MAGS

13 vote(s)
    12.7%
  2. INTERNET

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. FREINDS

27 vote(s)
    26.5%
  4. CHILDHOOD MEMORIES

60 vote(s)
    58.8%
  1. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

FOR ME IT WAS FINDING A MAG IN WH SMITHS NEVER LOOKED BACK SINCE :rolleyes::)

2. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Been into shotguns since i was 11 (33 years ago:( ) but got into airguns in 1996 after an accident at work and ahad to give up all the sports i did, so i bought a Falcon FN19 and that was that:D

Pete

3. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

well i suppose thinking about it the first gun i ever shot was a cock hammer 410 shot gun i was about 14 -15 but it wasnt that that got me into air rifles so yer i shall stick to my first reason :D

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    good poll :)

5. Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes New Member

None of the above.
    I've been shooting air rifles since I was less than ten. I've shot an awful lot of other guns over the years but I still have airguns nearly thirty years later.

6. D Martin

D Martin Non member

I used to shoot full bore years ago but have only been into air gunning for about three years since my teenage son wanted to have a go. Since then HFT has become my number 1 passion and I wouldn't change the memories or friends that I have made through it for anything.

Dave

7. D Martin

D Martin Non member

8. BEESA

BEESA Member

Club:
    Cambridge HFT
    My 2 sons bought an old webley vulcan and that was it :eek: then i was introduced into HFT by Harvey astell at Lea valley and i have never looked back sinse , i love the banter,friendship and help i get everytime i go to a shoot . I have found a hobby and have had a few
    that i love to be honest :eek::cool:

Don ...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  9. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

if theres one thing hft or air gunning has done for me since i started ,
    MATES the last time i had so many friends was at school
    its great i just love it:):)

10. Feral

Feral New Member

Pest control for me, had a rat problem and decided to solve it msyelf... one thing lead to another and here I am :D

11. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

I wasn't able to play Rugby anymore after breaking myself, about the same time as I was broken Dad started shooting airguns again, I read his mags and got my first airgun about 2.5 years ago! The rest is history!:D:p

So none of the above really!:)

Ryan

12. herx77

herx77 Member

The Bodyboarding capitol of Hertfordshire.
    Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    Shot airguns for years since I was 10.Had a webley 'Ranger' 0.177 shooting in garden.
    About 1980 started into the early birthing pains of FT at Markyate,went through a'Vulcan',FWB 124,then a HW77 which won lots of 'Bling' and still does.;)
    Bought a GC2 off John at Sportsmatch in 1990/91 and then put everything on hold for 10 years.
    Showed Harv the way into 'real ' shooting HFT at LVAGC,around 2002. In at the beginning of HFT,and the bug surfaced again.:D
    Been pottering about ever since and tripping over trophies every so often,and acquiring various guns as well.
    Been very lucky when skill not up to standard and hopefully shown others how good airgunning is,won some ,lost a lot.:confused:
    I think its important to be very lucky than too skillful :D:rolleyes:;).
    Can't beat a jammy bar***rd.
    HERX77 .

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  13. Gerry and Jordan

Gerry and Jordan Member

As i'm sure is the case with many others it's my lad's fault .A couple of years ago my wife and i decided that at some stage all teenagers are going to get their hands on an air gun of some description,so we got him a B2 for his birthday mainly to teach him the basics of gun handling, safety etc.He took to it like a duck to water so that Christmas santa bought him a nice new Weihrauch 99s combo,from there we joined Pontefract Air Rifle club and before long i got bored just watching my lad so i got myself a gun and here we are .The thrill of seeing your son get his first badge /award at a competition after trying week in and week out and practising his heart out really does takes some beating.Along with meeting some of the friendliest most helpful people you could ever wish to meet anywhere,the banter and crack with the lads ,the trying to beat your last score ,the anticipation of the next competition , the bacon butties on an autumnul Sunday morning with the first frosts starting to come ,and the just being out in the country with my boy ,these are the things that keep us coming back.So to all the club Secretarys,commitees and guys who organise this sport and its associated events for us THANK YOU.

14. Photoguy2910

Photoguy2910 Member

I started shooting .22 in the air cadets a lot of years ago and decided on an air gun at 19, it was a Vilcan. Joined my local club and got right into FT.

Took a long break before getting back into shooting about 3 years ago... still like FT but have got fight into HFT. I also joined my local smallbore club too, so trying to get a lot of shooting in again.

15. Rod

Rod New Member

Received my first air rifle, Dianawerk 25 if I remember correctly (pre Original not Diana pre Milbro), at the grand age of 7yrs, that's 48 years ago. Used to regularly go shooting with the old chap. Bought my own, Webley of some kind aged 14yrs, shopkeeper split the stock from the barrel and wrapped it up in newspaperthen I walked the 10 miles back home, shot my first rabbit that evening.Got into 10m rifle in the early 80's up until early 90's. Also a brief encounter with a Martini action BSA Mk IV 25yds indoors. Now it is FT with an EV2 Mk2, Pest control with Stalker .22, RN10, S200 with NV, informal 10m pistol with FWB80, and a couple of shotguns for windy/rainy days.

It's in the blood.

Rod

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  16. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

core blimey this threads still going :eek:

:cool:

17. RobF

Club:
    that's cos it's a good thread ;) :D

18. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

should of kept the poll open:rolleyes:

just goes to show how most of us look back on our younger years with fondness ahhhh the good old days:)

19. RobF

Club:
    it was a default the OP missed..

open again :) (weill until 2028 that is ;)

20. Rod

Rod New Member

As above but 48 years later.:)

Rod

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009