WFTF World FT Championships 2012 Norway

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Twang, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Twang

Twang New Member

Club:
    Isfjorden FTK
  2. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    So our WFTF rep send you a request for entry.

Does that entry then get logged and confirmation to WFTF or the competitor?

Much appreciate the early heads up as luckily I have no weddings booked that weekend so intend to attend, thus will turn down work for the date!

Thanks

simon

3. Twang

Twang New Member

Club:
    Isfjorden FTK
    Your WFTF RGB rep - should send me the application, with names. Once all applications are in, he'll be notified that all's ok (fingers crossed). If you're shooting like mule and don't make the cut Simon, I may ask you to photo/video the shoot so that you're not out of pocket that weekend :D:D

4. PeteM

PeteM New Member

Questions

How many competitors from each RGB are allowed to enter?

We now have to qualify to enter?
    What is the qualification requirement?
    Is the qualification criteria set by each individual RGB?

What is the web address of the WFTF site, Rob has mentioned a couple of times on other threads?

5. Twang

Twang New Member

Club:
    Isfjorden FTK
    Answers

Hei Pete ...

Let me explain one critical thing before I answer your Q's. The NFTAC accepted the chair for this period, but stipulated that there would be a 150 competitor limit at the WFTF Championships. We therefore have to review entries at the initial application date, giving as many RGB's as possible the opportunity to attend. Application cut-off dates should still give single entries time to obtain cheaper flights, if there are places left.

How many competitors from each RGB are allowed to enter? See statement above...
    We now have to qualify to enter? No
    What is the qualification requirement? None
    Is the qualification criteria set by each individual RGB? For RGB teams yes, otherwise no.

What is the web address of the WFTF site, Rob has mentioned a couple of times on other threads? www.world-field-target-federation.com

Here's a question for you and other readers of this thread ... 16 RGB teams attended the worlds in Italy. There are 29 member RGB's in the WFTF. What do we do when we have a membership of 60 RGB's ? Of course it's going to have be regulated, probably via domestic qualifying competitions all round. Suggestions ?

Personally, I don't believe we'll fill 150 slots here ... just a hunch ;)

6. PeteM

PeteM New Member

Hei

Hei Andy,

thanks

Of course it's going to have be regulated, probably via domestic qualifying competitions all round. Yes I agree, I thought that was about to begin, it is a world championships after all

Suggestions ? a number of options, probably some sort of percentage based on national competition results (like GP's) or possibly one competition with a cutoff score.

Personally, I don't believe we'll fill 150 slots here ... just a hunch

You might be surprised about that Andy, I'm hoping to attend. :)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  7. Twang

Twang New Member

Club:
    Isfjorden FTK
    I'll be keeping an eye out, and sourcing some 4X ;)

8. Where's Molly

Where's Molly Active Member

Club:
    M.A.D
    Personally, I don't believe we'll fill 150 slots here ... just a hunch[/COLOR]

You might be surprised about that Andy, I'm hoping to attend. :)[/QUOTE]

make you right pete. im gonna try to get to this one.
    i was there in 1999 (i think) and it was the daddy.
    friendly people and lovely scenery with a cracking course.
    plus theres a bottle of whiskey that the irish mob gave me that im hoping is still in the Crow Pub where i left it unless some scoundrel has pinched it? :D
    cheers.
    dop.

9. NJR 100

Club:
    No worries, application been sent to Wafta WFTF.

got to say the format of Am & pm session suits me as it gives me more time to do photos and report for Airgun shooter, so can guarentee good coverage for you next year:). Will also have video cameras there too next year, berty normally puts in a good show on video!

10. Twang

Twang New Member

Club:
    Isfjorden FTK
    Thanks to a post by Steffan (Germany) ... how about World's 6 man team event - odd years, and World's individual event - even years ? Time to get to know the missus again in between shoots ;)

11. NJR 100

Club:
    To me, the worlds is about individual positions.

No real interest in the team comp as such.

12. fireblade

fireblade Team AirArms

Club:
    Tawd Vale FTC
    I totally agree with simon here, the worlds is about individual posititions.

teams should be secondary.

13. kilty

kilty Member

Club:
    SPRINGFIELD ARC
    I think you are "spot on" Simon.
    Ask the rest of the shooters who attend the Worlds and see what they say?

good post buddy
    cheers
    Barry

14. PaulD

PaulD I like Feinwerkbau's

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    I would love to attend but haven't got a hope in hells chance for two reasons.
    1) I'm not good enough to make the English team
    2) even if I was, due to work commitments I can't attend enough UK GP's to qualify!
    As both Barry & Dave say I think the worlds is more of an individual event anyway.
    But what do I know I'm a pilchard:)

15. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    As above i have to agree .:)

16. Gcos

Gcos Member

Club:
    Thorn Dell ( RIP )
    RE. The rules or rather the lack of rules.

Hi Peter, you have put forward some rather interesting questions supported by other British shooter's. We have been shooting the Worlds since 1995 . What you have to understand is that it is all a load of Toffee the WFTA doesnt have any rules , it is a hotch potch of ideas from individuals in various countries. With regard to qualification thats a load of baloney , in the USA 1997 you qualified if you got there. What do you think the criteria will be to qualify for New Zealand . How many shooters want an even money bet on that of £100.00.

Regards Gerard.

17. NJR 100

Club:
    Entries?

any reason the entry date is march 31st and not sooner?

here is my thaughts on Moving it.

I know i want to attend "now". Thus, i am prepared to pay up today to get my place.

once I have my place as an individual, I know i have to book the days needed to attend, can start looking for cheap flights early and book the hotel etc..
    Then start saving for beer money. given enough time to save, may even have enough to buy andy a pint:eek:

For me, as we know the dates, entries should be open and those that want to go will pay up. the rest can make their minds up whenever and take the chance on places being left?

If someone does not find out until April if they can go or not, by then cheap flights will be gone, the hotels could be booked up etc?

Simon

18. AEFTrep

AEFTrep New Member

Hi, boys!

Acting as the spanish rep, I'd like to ask one question:

Must I send an application with all the wannabe world champions from Spain and its communities together, or may I send you each one as they're getting in?

I got two chaps who want to be the first ones in the line.

Regards,

Jordi

19. NJR 100

Club:
    Mine has already gone in Jordi, so far i think i am the only Welsh shooter that has applied.

i hope to be making payment today and then booking hotels and loking for flights etc.
    My job means i plan everything months or years in advance.

i hope to be seeing most of the potential welsh shooters sunday and getting them to put their names down + pay, if they are interested in going?

simon

20. greyskullnz

greyskullnz Non member

I think if time and space are starting to become an issue, perhaps its time to start looking at dividing up the competition. Northern Hemisphere, Southern Hemisphere, ....or alternatively, by continent: Europe/Americas/Africa/Asia/Oceania.

After one gets past that stage there should be fewer able/eligible to attend Worlds, or it could be solely Teams. Might save on cost of travel every year for most, yet still arrive at a determination of who is World Champ, with everyone having been given an opportunity along the way.

Just a thought, unsure it fits with current dogma, seems money to participate is the qualifying criteria.

GS