WFTF European Spring Gun Championships?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by RobF, Mar 16, 2012.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    For those countries within Europe, we propose an annual WFTF European Spring Gun Championship, commencing approx. april/may 2013 and thus avoiding intrusion on WFTF World Championship preparations.

We have used the rota system currently in force in the WFTF constitution, ommitting the non-european states.

After consulting a long standing WFTF member, we feel it would be advisable/comfortable to incorporate this event with an existing domestic fixture, as we are somewhat unsure of the attendance.

In the current climate, springers tend to be a small minority - strange really, as this was all there was not so many years ago. However, springers are interesting beasts and demand consistency from the shooter.We feel with the right encouragement we can increase the amount of users and re-ignite interest amongst owners of these rifles. Most countries* have had some springer representation at the world's at some time, and we would like to see these faces again soon.

2013 is a long way off, though we welcome ideas. i.e. a fixed entry fee, standardisation of awards, maximum distance from an international airport, accomodation and range transport share scheme to keep costs to a minmum etc, etc

Many thanks !

Andy

NFTAC

2. plattitude

plattitude Active Member

Club:
    Anston
    Has the idea of a Spring Rifle Championship been shelved or is it still live please

Regards
    Paul

3. Twang

Twang New Member

Club:
    Isfjorden FTK
    We were hardly inundated with responses there Paul. Things are afoot outside of this forum...we'll let you know later m8.

4. Tye

Tye Shabba

Club:
    Moxons ARC, Tamworth SG,Welsh Covert SG, Whittington GC, Greyhound GC
    Would anyone be able to enter I would be interested just for experience. I'm sure I can get a good team of guys to enter.

5. IvanM

IvanM Member

Club:
    Anston FTC
    Sounds like a great idea this. There seems to be a bit of an upsurge in interest on springers at the moment.

Ivan