Well that solved a mystery...

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by RobF, Feb 15, 2009.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    After swapping to a new rig, and using a backup scope, i've had a strange 'cronk' noise when changing mag... best leave that alone then. Seemed to return to 40x, but at the last meet I found myself really struggling to rangefind past 50yds, and a tad before that. Not having much time with this scope, I thought that was just the difference between my scopes.

Come today, got the comp rig back from it's dip, put the other along side it... hmm, why's that target so small in comparison? That's because it's at around 20x...not 40x as the ring said.

Hmm...

Thankfully Simon Ayers had told me that I could have a peek by sliding the mag ring off... did that, moved it around to get as much bite as possible, and got it back on 40x.

Best left there me thinks, but answered a nag about how my rangefinding had gone to pot.

After a brief struggle trying to get the normal comp rig to rangefind (scope enhancer was affecting my eye position), back to fighting fit 45+ ex 50 on the Weymouth GP course (albeit with a few brought in from last year).

Roll on the regionals then ! :D

2. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

So when are we going to see some pics of the dipped beasty

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers