Well I got here....

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NitroGary0, Mar 29, 2013.

1. NitroGary0

NitroGary0 New Member

Hi just a few lines to introduce myself. I'm Gary I'm "in my fifties" and am a returning air rifle shooter. I used to have all manner of firearms as a kid, my dad was collector. Had air rifles, Dianas Webleys etal. Then went and did all the things kids of that generation did, Mororcycles, Girls, drink etc etc. Only returned to Air rifles in 2010.
    Quite a few changes, as you can imagine.
    So now I spend my working hours listening to people whine and ***** about stuff they dont understand and just think theres a few quid to be made from compensation. So in my spare time I am heavily involved with air rifles.
    Always fought the corner of the underdog, and had a few Chinese offerings and now follow the Turkish scene. I run a few forums and admin on a Facebook group, have a blog and generally preach too the illinformed about the satisfaction of air rifle shooting.
    I currently shoot HFT at my club (MKARC) and have a perm dedicated to HFT (no killing innocent creatures) just metal ones.
    My current arsenal (greatly reduced this year) is
    Walther LGV Master .177, MTC 10x44SCB,
    Air Arms S400f Cklassic .177, Leapers 3-12x44 compact
    Hatsan AT44-10w .22 MTC10x44SCB.
    I recently turned up at the "Recoiling" jobby at Anston loved it, but nearly all the targets were a long way for me (and for everyone else) I just need to practice more. I did a lot of practice and only really concentrated on the 25-40 yard stuff OOOOPS!!!!
    Anyway, good to be here and looking forward to talking to the more experienced HFT shooters and hopefully learning from you.
    Gary

Attached Files:

2. Neil-T

Neil-T Boingers forever.

Club:
    Far Coley
    Welcome Gary, I was also at Anston, agree that if you don't shoot FT out to 55yds it can be difficult...especially if you have no settings or are used to shooting those distances. I am sure with your past experience of Air rifles you will soon get those extra settings and enjoy shooting that little bit further out. Best regards. Neil.

3. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Anybody with John 117's helmet as their avatar is a good un in my book!;):D If you're at a loose end on Sunday and Monday the HFT worlds are at Kelmarsh game fair and you'll have all the top boys in one place!:)

4. NitroGary0

NitroGary0 New Member

Thanks Charlts but I have to work Monday and have a busy week end ahead. I did try to get in for Kelmarsh but was a couple of days late, it was Ty at Solwares fault ha ha

5. NitroGary0

NitroGary0 New Member

Massive fan of Halo by the way

6. NitroGary0

NitroGary0 New Member

Working on longer range stuff this week. I wouldnt mind but I thought I would concentrate on the 25-40 yard stuff as there is a lot of that normally..... DOH!!! got that wrong

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  7. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

You're not the only one. ;)

Olly Olly oxen free