Weekly Benchrest Competitions

Discussion in 'Benchrest' started by Shewolf, May 21, 2014.

1. Shewolf

Shewolf New Member

Club:
    Atherton Indoor Range
    Hi there, I am just letting people know about our weekly benchrest competitions. It's all in good fun, and is not at all serious. Everyone who competes gets a chocolate of some sort (mini chocolate roll etc). The winner gets an extra chocolate treat, bragging rights, and their target hung on the notice board for the week. The results list compiling of competitors first names (and initial if shooter chooses) will also be posted on our Facebook page. The competition is benchrest, with targets at 30 yards. The theme, targets, and rules will vary from week to week. The competitions are every Sunday at 3pm at Atherton Indoor Range, Greater Manchester. More details can be found athttps://www.facebook.com/#!/airgun.indoor.range

2. Gary Martin

Gary Martin sultans of spring

Club:
    harriers field target
    ace

this sounds great, a bit like the brtish touring car championship. the winner has weight added, until they are not competitive. shoot and get fat, perfect!::eek:

3. Shewolf

Shewolf New Member

Club:
    Atherton Indoor Range
    Lol, or something to give the Mrs. The winning prize this week is ferrero rocher... :)

4. Gary Martin

Club:
    harriers field target
    proper ard!

i have to give to you benchrest boys, your proper ard. us FT boys are a bunch of divas chasing trophies, you lot make the winner borderline diabetic, god only knows what you do to the losers?
    respect! treat um mean,keep um keen.

5. boyo

boyo Banned

sounds bloody awful with no incentive to turn up. I love bench rest shooting, though not to be made a fool of.

6. Shewolf

Shewolf New Member

Club:
    Atherton Indoor Range
    Each to their own. It would be a bloody sad place if we all thought alike and liked the same thing. It's getting a good response here though so that's what counts :)

7. Shewolf

Shewolf New Member

Club:
    Atherton Indoor Range
    I prefer not to limit myself to one thing ;-) I like to do different styles, as many shooters do, and there are times to be serious and times just for a bit of a laugh. This is clearly just for a bit of a laugh. More serious (and obviously seperate) competitions will be coming, but we've only been in the place a month, and Rome wasn't built in a day :)

8. Gary Martin

Club:
    harriers field target
    good on you

good on my friend. no problem with liking different aspects of a sport. too many people who claim their branch is better than another. THE FT/HFT debate is classic. when it all boils down to the nuts and bolts, all target sports are the same, trying to hit a target, only the rules change for the different branches of sport.
    enjoy, hope it all goes well for you and you get a good turn out.

9. Shewolf

Shewolf New Member

Club:
    Atherton Indoor Range
    I agree completely. I don't know why people can't just accept that everone has a different point of view, and a different point of view is not a lesser or greater point of view, it's just different.

On a seperate note, could someone kindly tell me how to get smilies on here? I'm clicking and double clicking on the ones on the right hand side, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I have been trying for a while on posts, but nothing. The brick wall one is looking quite appropriate for this part lol.

10. Gary Martin

Club:
    harriers field target
    smiles

go to the bottom and click onto the icon, just scroll down and you shall see.:)

11. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers

yep i put that one in especially...

if you hit post reply then it brings up a new window with them in on the right... just click :) :lev

12. blacklab

blacklab Active Member

Club:
    nelson
    loosers

if was,nt for all the loosers, who just come out to enjoy their shooting there would,nt be a sport.we make the winners look good.:)

13. Shewolf

Shewolf New Member

Club:
    Atherton Indoor Range
    :) Still can't do smiley's, I think it's this ancient lappy, which could very well become a moving target shortly!!

14. sungotineyes

sungotineyes Member

Club:
    several in london/oldham area's any when travelling
    I'm not sure if boyo is making a statement for effect or he is serious,if serious we should use him as a 30yrd target as he's a total pr*ck.its about taking part and having fun.

15. boyo

boyo Banned

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  16. boyo

boyo Banned

your the ***** and I am not afraid to say it, Wow a bar of fattening for a prize whatever next, must be a well established club to afford such crap lol

17. Shewolf

Shewolf New Member

Club:
    Atherton Indoor Range
    As I keep saying (somehow it keeps being misunderstood or ignored) this is not serious and is a bit of fun (a laugh). Think of it like having a bet with friends and having a shoot out with them. That is the atmosphere here when we have our comps and is exactly what people enjoy about it. They are not here for the prize, they are here for the range and the banter.
    As for being a well established club, touché!! We have only just taken over the range, and have gone from being shooters to owners in a very short space of time with no time for preparation or planning. The previous owner decided he didn't want to do it any longer and was going to just close it, my partner and myself took over to stop it from closing. It has been a massive shock to the system as I'm sure most can appreciate, and we are focussed on refurbishing the range. I am sure our shooters would rather we spent our money where we are doing to be fair! They enjoy coming to the range and are happy with the changes we are making, and that is our goal :) I have yet to be accused by them of trying to poison somebody with sugar, or insulting someone by offering it, lol!!!

18. Shewolf

Shewolf New Member

Club:
    Atherton Indoor Range

19. sungotineyes

sungotineyes Member

Club:
    several in london/oldham area's any when travelling
    shewolf
    don't take the bait with this idiot,i imagine the type of guy who spends a fortune on equipment to compensate for being a shite shot.atherton does not want shooters like that."he will have to post a reply!"

20. Shewolf

Shewolf New Member

Club:
    Atherton Indoor Range
    Thank you, don't worry, I'm not being drawn into anything ;-) I was simply answering his points and making things clear (once again).
    I stand by what I said earlier, people are entitled to their opinion. He doesn't like the idea and that's fine, I may not like to shoot where he does. We are all different, and I'm not about to get upset by that (although it would seem that some might). It would be boring if there wasn't a bit of variety :).