Webley FX2000 ??

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Jerry Knights, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Jerry Knights

Jerry Knights New Member

A friend of mine is considering buying a Webley FX2000 in 177 for his young son. The lad is just starting out so has everything to learn, but thinks he might be interested in HFT/FT. His Dad doesn't want to spend too much money to start with. I don't know the rifle at all. Does anyone have any comments about them?

2. Mrben0

Mrben0 New Member

Firstly the FX2000 in 177 is a very rare rifle, you can search all the normal sites and never see one. i own one its a fantastic gun, it is consistent, reliable and extremely accurate, i would highly recommend it.

3. Pecky

Pecky PECKY

Club:
    Kinver ARC, Furnace Mill
    First gun

Personally i would opt for a child a Air Arms S200. Very good build quality and quite light for a youngster.
    They are also a small rifle. These can be picked up relatively cheaply as well.

Pecky.

4. Mrben0

Mrben0 New Member

I do tend to agree with Pecky though, depending upon his size and stature a smaller lighter gun would probably be a better option.

5. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Shebbear
    One thing to consider. I don't remember a single shot version of the FX2000, although there might have been, so if it is magazine fed the mag will have to be removed between lanes for either FT or HFT. It's not a big deal and lots of people do it, but it can be a bit of a PIA.

If it is a single shot, or has a single shot adaptor than ignore the above.

They FX is a pretty long rifle, so best bet is to let the youngster try the rifle.