1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Web-Tex Padded Sniper Case

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by the hairy angler, Mar 30, 2011.

1. the hairy angler

the hairy angler New Member

Club:
    Quarry
    Hi all,
    Last week I bought a Web-Tex Padded Sniper Case, having read a review in Airgun Shooter which stated "Made from tough, waterproof material, it features generous internal padding....This is backed up on Thatchreads' website where it once again mentions padded protection for your rifle.

Monday the case arrived. I AM NOT a happy bunny! the case is indeed made from good quality, tough material, BUT the generous padding consists of a padded back only, the whole of the front of the case consists of a single non padded piece of material with pockets added.

On contacting Thatchreed, in case the padding had been accidentally omitted I was told "thats the way me make them, the padding is to protect your back!" I pointed out that I wished to protect £850.00 worth of gun and sight from knocks and some rudimentary padding would be useful. i also stated that their description could be considered ambiguous if not untruthful. Their only comment was that they would back me if I returned it to the outlet I bought it from (at my expense) and asked for a refund.

The hassle involved in this, along with the time taken precludes this, I NEED a case NOW. My work around was to cut up a camping mat and add double sections in each of the pockets. This works but should not be needed. In my opinion this case is a flawed product. If you are thinking of buying one you have been warned.

2. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Maybe give JSR a look.;):)

3. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

I use the smaller JSR one only thing I have to do is remove the end of the butt hook so it fits in OK. The bag is ideal for my use as I carry everything (apart from beanbag and bottle) in the large side pocket such as, gloove, filler and guage. allen keys, oil, cloth pellets etc. Has about 1" of padding each side with velco straps to hold everything in place.

Not bad for just under £40 IMO

4. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Same, I got the bigger one though, it's on it's 3rd season and still holding up well, having been jet washed once and rained on loads, all I do is hoover the inside to get the dust and stuff out in the summer. Don't use the shoulder strap though mine slipped off my shoulder the morning of the first day of the worlds in 2009, luckily Walther and Leupold build quality means the gun was fine!:D

5. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Only reason I got the smaller one as it fitted in the boot of car easier. Meant I could put 3 rifles in softcases, 1 n a hard case as well as the rest of the shooting gear you take to shoots (Aim to get 3 or 4 in a car to cut costs of ferry and diesel :) )

6. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Bike ?

The BMW K75 motorbike i bought to get across the fery and back , cut rate is still sitting in my garden ? yes the JSR is a good one .specially if you have to walk a fair bit like we ar springfield arc do . i also have a FTX . another good one ??? HOLLY PS but for the GPs a softbox is best .

7. TeamZ

TeamZ Member

Club:
    Castle