Warkwickshire Open Purley Chase

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Baltipal, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

WHAT A MARVELOUSLY, VARIED & EXPANSIVE COURSE! Many thanks to the Purley crew for the hard work that had gone into that, absolutley crackin' lads, cheers!;)
    I totally b*&^^$ £d it up though & put in one of my worst scores but the bitter taste of failure had the sharp edges knocked off by the pure enjoyment of where we were! I 've shot Purley a number of times now but that involved parts of the land that I had never set foot on, it was like shooting at a totally new ground.:cool:
    Congrats to Mark Charlton for the win, (You're going up, you're going up!!!):D & bad luck to Andy, Des, Stuart & Nick for that 5 way Shoot Off!

What I don't understand is why it was so badly attended, in my view it's right up there with some of the best Shoots of the year in the MFTA yet there seemed to be less there than at the WL at the same Course!:confused:

2. AIRFIX GILLY

AIRFIX GILLY WFTA World Champion 2012

Club:
    Castle
    well done

Well done to Mark for winning the Warickshire open. Thanks to all involved at Purley for all their efforts in setting up the course today. Enjoyed the shoot in a part of Purley I havent seen before. Rather steep in places!:)

3. TeamZ

TeamZ Member

Club:
    Castle
    excellent

Fantastic course today at purley chase, one of the best courses I have shot. Very challenging and so enjoyable. Well done to Mark for a major title win and for the other chaps in the shoot off.

A lot of work went into the shoot, much appreciated and if you missed it you missed out.

Cheers

Chris

4. Recoiling Rob

Recoiling Rob Member

Excellent Course, varied and challenging, loved it....

Shame there was no Springer Class but total respect to Nick with his Pro Sport even though it was a right handed stock with a left handed shooter he still out classed most of us ... BUT only pipped me by 7 :rolleyes:

Great day out, well done to Big Bill (my Friend :D) and the Purley Crew

I hope that you will do it again next year

Grubber

5. Neil

Neil MFTA Winter League Champion 2011 and winner of som

Fantastic course design as always at Purley, don't think I've ever shot a bad one there, although this one could have been a friendlier to the more rotund amongst us!

Thanks to all the lads that put in loads of hard work just to shag my back up, but how long can they keep doing this when the attendance is so poor?

Congratulations to Mark, definately joined the big boys now.

6. Shaun

Shaun Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Harriers
    Come on Midlanders. This was a fanstastic venue! Please support this event!

Thanks to Bill and all the Purley crew; as usual an outstanding course in a beautiful setting.

Shaun:):):)

7. The Doctor

The Doctor New Member

Sorry I couldn't make this one lads - couldn't get a lift so it was a no no for me :mad:

And for me their probably won't be a chance next year !

Lee

8. Ripleysniper

Ripleysniper Team Walther 2011

Club:
    MidShires Marksmen
    Lazy git

Come on Lee you were in the top 10 in FT and a F***ING good bloke someone in the midlands must luv you to still to give you a lift, if not I WILL

Regards Andrew

9. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    All I can say is echo what everyone else has said so far to congratulate Mark on his win, and to congratulate Purley Chase FTC on their stunner of a course. I have shot there so far on 3 occassions and each time the course has been different in a different part of the grounds, each offering its own challenges!

A big thank you also to Jim Vickers, my shooting partner who came out and shot the course and posted a very creditable 31 even though he wasnt feeling 100% and wasnt originally going to shoot! Jim respect is due!! :)

Will

10. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Couldn't make this one myself, had some mates over from abroad just for the weekend...

A shame, I like purley as a ground... hope it was warmer than the 2 degrees it was last time i was there :D