Walther seals.

Discussion in 'Walther' started by Gillian, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Gillian

Gillian New Member

I have read on this site that the original green firing valve seal is junk and needs replacing.

My Walther is a very early one with the original green seal on the firing valve. This seal is the original factory fitted and is still working 7 years later. Sure I see some temp shift but it is only like 10fps slower on hot days compared to a cold one.

So my question is, are they really that bad? And where would you get a replacement from? As these seals are pressure parts do they fall foul of the law and require a face to face? As I know none of my local gun shops have little to no knowledge of Walthers.

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    You should be able to get them from the main reseller which is the NSRA shop at Bisley.

I don't think they come under the VCR's domain as they are just a seal rather than a working part.

With the tapered valve and the green seal I used to see really fast shifts, perhaps 1/4MOA to a degree change, and it was fast enough to react to going in and out of the shade around a course... that stopped with the Walther white seal. Nick Murphy also does some harder seals which don't deform as much, however he isn't contactable via the web... best way to catch him is at a shoot.

3. Gillian

Gillian New Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

I dont go to shoots so Nick Murphy is out for me.

Now would I need a new poppet valve as well?

If I do then I would assume that i will need to drive 4 hours to get a new one. due to that being a major working part in the pressure system.

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I think you should get away with that as well... best phone and ask :)

5. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Hard seals

I belive the the tapered valve will work with the harder Nick Murphy seal.It is a pain this vcr.It may be worth a call to the NRSA shop to see what they will ship.
    Regards Don

6. Gillian

Gillian New Member

Spoke to the NSRA today and parts should be in the UK next week.