Walther LGV review?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by TJDizzy, Apr 4, 2013.

1. TJDizzy

TJDizzy TJDizzy

Club:
    WendoverARC
    I am playing with the idea of maybe getting a Walther LGV in the near future and have read some very mixed reviews..Just woundering if anyone who ownes owned or used 1 if you could give me your thoughts on it and if you could recommend buying 1. :)

ATB
    TJ

2. Sharpe

Sharpe Semper fidelis

Club:
    Maldon
    Greg Hensman (stillwater) was raving about his one at Kibworth on Saturday, may be worth asking him!

3. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Worth asking Mick McTighe.....Bomber on here aswell.......Greg has the target one I think with the wood stock Mick shoots the challenger with the synthetic stock. I've tried both and they're both very accurate and smooth to shoot.

Dave

4. stillwater

stillwater Active Member

Club:
    KSG, Misfits
    I'm not an expert Springer shooter but I do love mine,
    I have the competition sport LGV, and also have a AA Venom tuned Prosport.
    I have to say the LGV shoots better out the box than the Tuned Prosport.
    It's really horses for courses though. Best bet is to try before you buy.
    If you can get up to Kibby sometime I am always happy to let anyone shoot my rifles.

5. poison dwarf

poison dwarf BANNED

Club:
    tondu /quarry
    Whatever you do don't listen to Hatfield ;)

6. TJDizzy

TJDizzy TJDizzy

Club:
    WendoverARC
    Thanks for the response lads I am more keen than ever to get my hands on 1 . I will have to get down to my local shop to try 1 out :D I need a springer again lol

7. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

I have the challenger version and love it. Not shot a springer for a long time but it is a good sturdy rifle and the barrel lock is superb. The trigger unit takes a bit of time to set up but once done its great. Compared to other spring rifles that I have shot owned by others and mostly tuned the lvg offers a good level of out the box accuracy. Mine is a little pellet fussy and I have found the best results using daystate li pellets. The synthetic stock is basic but for me keeps the weight down and makes it better for my style of shooting. The blueing is not the best but it does not hinder the accuracy of the rifle. I have also discovered this wekend that it likes to be held in a certain way which aparantley is a given for most springers and the consistency of the hold seems to be working well. Alot of people have argued that the price is a little heavey and should be a perfect rifle for the money but hey ho its new so it needs to be out there a while to get used and tested. Most seem to buy and then spend more on tuning but to me the lvg does not need it but as I am no springer expert its just my humble opinion.

8. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Having shot springers for years now I've found that to get the best out of the springer and yourself it's stock fit that is just as important as having it tuned to death internally.

So if you are lucky enough that the lgv comp fits you perfectly then you'll have a pretty decent gun right from the box. They do shoot accurately. Unfortunately it's unlikely that the standard stock will fit you perfecty. You can adjust the cheek on the comp but the length of pull isn't adjustable and was miles too long for me ( I'm a dwarf ), and the trigger reach was also all wrong. I would buy one if I could get the action only for about 200 quid and then spend another 2- 300 quid on a target stock that fitted me. However, I can't justify spending lgv money and then have to spend another 2- 300 on a stock. I'm not even sure Custom Stocks or anyone else is making stocks for them yet?

I only shoot HFT so I would need more depth to the fore end and the lop and trigger reach the right length.

Good solid barrel lock up and very accurate ( well the ones I've shot have been ).