Walther LG300 Moderator/Silencer ?

Discussion in 'Walther' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Nov 3, 2009.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Hi,

Can anyone recommend how to go about fitting a Weihrauch moderator ? or any other brand for that matter once I remove the black sound suppressor from my LG300 Hunter ?

Name of shop and or list parts please..

Lastly, anyone to post pics of what they have done ?:D

Thanks

2. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Does your current muzzle end have any baffles fitted ??? if so then it should be fairly queit anyway.

Probably the cheapest & easiest way to fit a silencer to your Hunter would be to get a machinest to bore a std 1/2"unf female silencer to 15mm bore which will then fit straight onto your barrel

3. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    No baffles fitted Scooby...just the bog standard hollowed out black sound suppressor...whcih seems cosmetic.

Your second point sounds about right...but am concerned there is too much barrel for the 1/2 UNF threading to cut, and then there would be a gap between the silencer, showing the barrel, with carbon sleeve...may look naff..

I got one of those add ons to fit at the end of my LG110, then added the Weihrauch moderator...and It looks good...

May try this option but am not sure if the add on diameter is the same as the Walther barrel diameter..

4. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

The Walther & Steyr are not the same diameter barrels, the Walther is 15mm & the Steyr is 16mm for the newer models & 16.1 isn mm for the Barley twist

Not sure if you have read my post correctly, I've not suggested screw cutting the barrel

5. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Thanks for the tip Scooby... I follow what you mean.

Typing on one of these blasted mini comp. whith mini keyboard so prone to typos and a hard to read small screen !...saved some money on this laptop towards more airgun kit !:D