Walther Laminate Stocks - MkI, MkII, MkIII - which do you prefer ?

Discussion in 'Walther' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Apr 26, 2011.

?

Which Walther Laminate do you Prefer ?

1. Walther Factory Laminate Mk I

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Walther Factory Laminate Mk II

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. Walther Factory Laminate Mk III

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Custom made stock

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Thought just occurred..

Will MkIII Walther LG300s be worth more as whole gun (or have more Selling Ooomph !), than MkII or MkI, considering Walther Factory haphazardly fits blocks with non sequential numbers to whatever laminate stock is at hand ?

ie: A recent high number serial block action onto MkII laminate per CWPRICE: " Serial number not as old as mine '50477' and that was delivered from the factory in March 2011. "

..and what do Walther shooters prefer actually stockwise ? Mk I, MkII, or Mk III laminate stocks :confused:

Attached Files:

2. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    Kind of struggling to tell the difference on looking at them, if its any help I prefer the Alutec! Laminate is too bloody heavy, Would happily have a Hunter stock if I could get my mitts on one!

3. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    I thought all you HFT/FT shooters were 'Eagle Eyes' ! :confused: LOL !

Look at cheek rest area...MkI and MkII are same....but MkI has longer groove in mid part of stock...and MkIII is whole together different cheek rest, but has like the MKII short groove in mid part of stock....hope that clarifies ? ( MkIIII is also like the original bench rest factory stock...except the FT version has fore end shortened).

Hunter stock...or whole gun is available from NEW from Italy....but at rip off Price....see here:
    http://www.armeriagalli.it/index.ph...category_id=8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=13

4. vx220

vx220 New Member

Who cares??.

Sorry but really???

5. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Obviously you don't ...but good on you for your contribution :D I'll try and raise the titillation level next time to a higher level so as to not leave you...yawn...yawn...bored...zzzz zzzz.:D

6. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    How many feather dusters do you own?

And judging by the lack of answers, most dont!

perhaps Jason, as most of us shoot our guns as apposed to collecting them, its how they work + results that are more important.:)

7. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

I'm really not fussed as I won't be selling any of mine.

8. A.C.

A.C. Non member

Mk 111, but then I have one of those. I'm still to be convinced about the stock though.

9. Ripleysniper

Ripleysniper Team Walther 2011

Club:
    MidShires Marksmen
    Fair point Fella.

10. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Guys,

All this has to do with potential resale value of the guns...

Fair enough, as said, but MkIII or MkII laminates and high action numbers will have surely the highest resale value...do you agree or disagree :confused:

On my side as a collector, am happy keeping all 3....

11. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I don't think much has specifics for resale value, condition and tweaks and history perhaps, but generally most people just sling stuff up at x price and see what happens. There can be a few nth degree details which can make a difference, but these are probably quite esoteric.

12. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    I agree somewhat...BUT, as a future collectable gun, Its nice to have some historical pics posted here for posterity (if anyone cares except me ?), of the LG300s lifetime in the evolution on the LAMINATE..

For example, here is another variant of the laminate :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ok, some of you dont care, but am sure some of you would be surprised to know, especially for the newbies, that there were in fact 4 VARIANTS on the laminate , in the black grey colour, and not 3 when I started this thread...

The difference is noticeable in the rear lower butt stock area..

Henceforth, there is a MkI, MkII, MkIII, and Mk IV version of the black grey laminate ...

Attached Files:

13. cwprice

cwprice Member

The latest one has a shorter recess from the trigger, about 4.5 inches and the under neath of the rear is cut further up.

Attached Files:

14. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    According to all the pics I posted from beginning of thread, there are 4 variant laminates.

MkIV is the latest, or last model offered by Walther...ie MkIV being the bench rest stock (obviously modified to sale as an FT stock) with flush cheek rest. ...its even on the Walther website:

http://www.carl-walther.de/index.ph...=DE&content=products&hid=1&uid=2&product=1479

Yours therefore, must be the previous model laminate, ie: MkIII (I was offered this by Krale-Schietsport, but cancelled my order in order to obtain instead the MkIV, which they just received from the Walther factory)

Some shooters reading this thread will moan, and will say they couldnt care less about these details.... but I think Its good to "know" and just share this info./knowledge....whether this info. consequently has any impact on the resale value of a 2nd hand Laminate 'Dommie' , remains to be seen.

I personally have the MkII and MkIV laminates, and will be looking to add another MkIII like yours (and go back to Krale :D) , and even a MINTER MKI, if I can find it in Germany, from a collectors point of view with an interest on the history of these guns...

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  15. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    I personally cannot see the point in collecting rifles that are made in large volume
    thought you should be collecting low number items to be of value
    ISP airstream
    sportsmatch GC2
    whiscombe
    MDS
    and the like
    thats my take on the matter

Gary

Last edited: May 19, 2011