1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

walther info

Discussion in 'Walther' started by larro, Aug 14, 2012.

1. larro

larro New Member

Aug 8, 2012
    north wales
    Hello gentlemen can i pick your brains about a Walther Dominator.The serial number is 50010 now i take it by the number that it is an early one what should i be looking for as a potential problem and if there are any would it be costly.The condition of the gun is not too bad but it would need breaking down and a dam good clean.Any information would be most welcome. Thank you. Darran.
  2. simona

simona Active Member

Nov 26, 2008

Some early ones had a firing valve which gave rise to power shifts with temperature. I think most of these ones also had a smooth exterior to the regulator. There are negative associations attached to the smooth reg guns but as I understand things the reg is not the problem, it's the early firing valve fitted to these guns which gives the pain.

In reality most of these early guns have probably been retro fitted with the new-type valve now so you may be ok regardless.

If it's an Alutec be prepared to experiement with stock screw tensions, especially if the A-clamp has been removed. Many people junk the side screws above the trigger.

I have 50076, it will be sold to buy food if my children are starving, even then offers will not be accepted!