Walther domi stocks

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Gary Coombes, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Gary Coombes

Gary Coombes New Member

Club:
    M.V.A.C
    Hi all, currently have a domi with the full laminate stock. I love the rifle but the more and more I see pictures of the alutec version it grows on me. I’ve never shouldered the alutec one so was wondering if any of you wonderful lot have had experience of both or either and can give their pros and cons. Many thanks

Attached Files:

2. shaun elliott

shaun elliott Active Member

Club:
    pontefract arc
    Alutec stock is heavier I believe not tried a laminate stock so can't comment on that

Attached Files:

3. Gary Coombes

Gary Coombes New Member

Club:
    M.V.A.C
    I honestly thought would be the other way round. Alutec being lighter. Every days a school day.

4. Simonev2

Simonev2 Member

Club:
    Misfits
    Ive just done a carbontec conversion and it’s surprisingly heavy.

Attached Files:

5. Gary Coombes

Gary Coombes New Member

Club:
    M.V.A.C
    It doesn’t matter how heavy that is, I mean wow look at it

6. Simonev2

Simonev2 Member

Club:
    Misfits
    Thanks Gary. It’s been a bit off work and money to get it to that point. Next thing on the list is a quick fill conversion then maybe a stripper then it’s all done.

7. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I can weigh one if I get 5 mins tomorrow

Gary Coombes likes this.
  8. tillygti6

tillygti6 Tilly's gun stocks

I've had all of them now in hand, inc the carbontec.

The lg300 standard alutec, blacktec etc with the factory woodwork is marginally lighter than the factory laminate.

I made up a carbon cheek and hamster and the full chassis/stock weight was iirc 1700g.

The carbontec is heavier than the alutec, and around the same as the laminate.

The biggest thing for me, is the centre of gravity is much higher with the alu/carbon tec chassis,than it is in the laminate.
    Personally, I could never get the alutec as solid on aim as my full laminates.

TOSH and Gary Coombes like this.
  9. Ceathreamhnan

Ceathreamhnan WHFTA Champion 2013

Club:
    Dunfermline
    The way to run the Walther Alutec is to have the long laminate forend way lower than the chassis; I bet that would change your c.o.g.

10. tillygti6

Yeah it does, it makes it even more unstable. The only way I could get it dead stable was to add a load of weights low down on the rear end ,counteracting the whole weight loss idea with the chassis. So went back to laminate. Then removed any superfluous bulk from that.

Current stock is around the same weight at 1700g and I can literally kneel on target for aslong as I want.

I had the 9015 carbine action it the alutec, granted that is a little heavier than an ali cylinders lg300 but not alot in it. A steel cylindered 300 would be a whole different ballgame.

11. Ceathreamhnan

Ceathreamhnan WHFTA Champion 2013

Club:
    Dunfermline
    You say it's unstable. Funny how it's been OK for me ;)

12. tillygti6

True, and you have/are certainly shooting well with it.

To be fair, I did say "to me" above. That's not too say it wont suit you or anyone else.

I will elaborate on the cog thing though, getting the cog lower allows me,with my knackered right shoulder to do essentially nothing bar break the trigger with my right hand. The gun sits near dead upright in the palm of my left hand and In shoulder.
    With the higher cog, I would have to grip the hamster and hold the gun upright, or stabilise it with my right hand.

I find it also easier to notice if I'm canting, when the gun naturally wants to sit upright.

;)

13. Gary Coombes

Gary Coombes New Member

Club:
    M.V.A.C
    Thanks for all your comments guys. As much as I love my full laminate lg300 I think I may have to search for an alutec as the weight of my laminate one is it’s only downfall in my eyes. So even if an alutec is only slightly lighter then that’s a win for me.

14. Dale

Dale Active Member

I would suggest that if you wanted to lose some weight from your rifle, losing the bulky shroud assembly and a-clamp to be replaced with the likes of a carbon fibre shroud / muzzle brake assembly might be more beneficial than jumping straight to an alutec stock.

Lavant_Lad likes this.