Walther cylinder advice

Discussion in 'Walther' started by Ceathreamhnan, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Ceathreamhnan

Ceathreamhnan WHFTA Champion 2013

Club:
    Dunfermline
    One of my junior alu cylinders has a sticky valve, which means when taken off the gun or the charging adaptor the valve does not automatically close, and hence dumps all of its air. It seems to be worse when there is less than 100 Bar in the tube so presumably the spring works better when there is some air assistance behind it.

What are my options to fix this? Can I swap out the valve/tube end assembly with one from a spare standard steel cylinder? Clearly it needs a special tool to get the end off, I'd rather not do this myself so does anyone work on these? I guess there might be dirt in the valve; could this be cleaned or is it not accessible?

2. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Try blasting a really sharp blast of air up there.

3. Ceathreamhnan

Ceathreamhnan WHFTA Champion 2013

Club:
    Dunfermline
    I did try this, putting the cylinder directly onto the big brass filler adaptor that Walther supply, and that directly onto the cylinder valve, and opening the tap - since this was not a gun type valve, this bunged 300 bar straight into the tube, tap hurriedly shut, cylinder removed, air stayed in.
    It still wants to dump air if run down below 100 bar but this may be manageable; thanks Ryan.

4. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Glad it helped, a quick blast can work wonders so it could be worth doing every fill. :)

5. Tesla

Tesla Member

Club:
    AFTE ( Euskadi F.T.Association)
    Hi Ceathreamhnan.
    I had the same problem in my junior alu cilinder some years ago.
    I solved the problem after disassembled the valve by POLISHING very carefuly the valve basis by using a Dremel tool consisting in a cotton cilinder soaked in a wax polish.
    Probably the most difficult is to disassemble the end cap without any damage in the cilinder. You'll need to make a tool with two pins of 2,5mm diameter located at the right distance.
    I hope this will help you.
    Regards