Waftasummer Series Ft - Oaktree FTC

Discussion in 'Calender Events' started by NJR 100, Jan 18, 2012.

1. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    for more details

http://www.wafta.co.uk/

hope to have the new sweeping 270 degree firing line + Lanes cut out for this.

2. NJR 100

Club:
    Work on the new firing line started in earnest ( thaught his name was Tosh) last week and is continuing this week. Hopefully by the weekend all 20 lanes will be new and from there, a bit of live fire testing and perhaps some imput from our Eastern cousins (The Neslonites) will see some tweaks to get a well balanced course suitable for all Grades in wafta come the 17th.

Once the Wafta rd is over some of the Easier targets may be replaced to make the course the perfect practice course on the Saturday before The Wafta gp at tondu.

3. mikewills8904

mikewills8904 walthers last the course

Club:
    oaktree ftc and tondu ftc
    oaktree

must say a massive thanks to tosh .simon,jason and mike for all the help ,without tosh and simon i would be stuggling to sort this out ,
    as simon has said the course will be finished and them altererd for any travlling shootings coming down for the welsh gp

4. NJR 100

Club:
    Preditor

some major "forest" chomping achieved today, despite at times visability of 30 yards which made cutting your way back to the line interesting lol

Just a few targets to put out before the test shooting session, though i think several fox holes need to be dug out too on the weekend.

Looking a well balanced but tricky course.

I think shooters will like the changes when we finally tweak a few targets here and there:)

5. NJR 100

Club:
    Test shoot

Hope to get the last few targets out Saturday and have a working party Test shoot, saturday afternoon.

Couple of days to tweak the odd lane perhaps next week and Dig out a roughly level shooting area for each lanes.

May have an open shoot on june 3rd to test the weaters, if the weather is ok and with landowners permission?

6. mikewills8904

Club:
    Oaktree. FTC

I have had a couple of Pms asking for directions
    Sadly it doesn't look like I will be there but tosh and Simon will be ,

Oak tree post code CF320EH
    Cwmrisca farm

On entering the farm yard you will see a ramp on the right just after the 1st sheds on your right
    Drive up the ramp and stay to the right hand side follow the road around and you will see the track going around to the left follow it until you come to the T junction then Right you will come to the field entrance on the right

Please be aware that the field is very wet so I would suggest that all normal cars try to park on the bank before the field entrance if all park facing up we should be ok

4 x 4s should be ok in the field where possible I will rope of the bad areas

Please also be aware that this is a very busy working farm so please drive carefully

the zero range will be in fiel

7. mikewills8904

Club:
    Oaktree ,Wafta shoot

Shoot is cancelled due to weather and parking issues